Decadent sugar dusted cookies swirling with dark chocolate and bursts of cranberries. Dark Chocolate Cranberry Brownie Cookies have all the taste of a brownie wrapped up in a rich chocolaty cookie!
You are going to LOVE these soft chewy cookies!
I know, only because these go flying off the hot baking sheet faster than they are set off to the side to cool.
Even too fast to tuck them into my favorite cookie jar for that one o’clock in the morning sweet attack kitchen raid. (No, not me… talking about the hubster!)
But as it goes, how could you really resist cookies like these?
Especially when there’s melted dark chocolate mixed throughout the cookie dough, dark chocolate baking cocoa sifted in with the flour, and dark chocolate baking chips just hanging with cranberries!
You can just call that AH-MAZING!
OR a triple dark chocolate embrace.
Dark Chocolate Cranberry Brownie Cookies also have that touch of festive~ness.
The sweet crinkled powdered sugar.
The tart cranberries mildly making their way throughout the waves of dark chocolate.
Although, I usually like to let cookie dough rest in the refrigerator for a little bit, this recipe you don’t really need to.
But you may store the cookie dough in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and bake at a more convenient time… like when it’s 10 p.m. and you just remembered the milkman is coming at the crack of dawn and there’s no sweet treat left out. A panic stricken moment may occur. Trust me.
Place scoops of cookie dough straight into the bowl of powdered sugar . This is the
fun messy part. Especially when you have a little helper that decides to see how far powdered sugar can fly!
Place the mounds of covered chocolate goodness onto a covered baking sheet. I’m personally addicted to using parchment paper. Use a silicone baking mat or whatever your heart desires. It helps your cookies bake more evenly… like a little cloud resting under your cookies while they’re baking in the heat.
Gently press the tops down of the dough. But don’t be getting too carried away and smash them… just gently with your palm.
Bake and devour!
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, plus 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate baking cocoa
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt, optional
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift all of the dry ingredients in a medium bowl– baking cocoa, flour, cornstarch, and baking soda, set aside.
- Melt 1/2 cup of chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and brown sugar. Scrap down the sides. Mix in the large egg and the egg yolk. Combine the Greek yogurt, vanilla extract and melted chocolate.
- Slowly add the sifted dry ingredients until all mixed in. Stir in the 1 cup of chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Place powdered sugar in a separate bowl. Roll scoops of cookie dough in the bowl of powdered sugar until all covered.
- Place the powdered sugar covered cookie dough onto a covered baking sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart. (I use parchment paper.) Lightly press the tops of the cookie dough with your palm.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes. Allow them to rest on the hot baking sheet for about 3-5 minutes before transferring them onto a cooling rack to cool. Makes 2 dozen medium cookies.
- You may use your favorite kind of chocolate in this recipe. When the cranberries are out of season, replace it with even more chocolate chips or another fruit. (Raspberries are delicious in these, too!)
You may just want to share these at a cookie party, too.
Whether you choose to eat these alone (at one 0’clock in the morning… I won’t judge) or with a friend, these cookies are so decadently delicious!
Psss…. here’s another crinkle holiday scrumptious cookie to indulge in!
Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies Even Tori Spelling loved them!