Fresh garlic and Italian seasonings infused with melted butter, brushed upon the pillowy tops of homemade dough. Sprinkled with Parmesan cheese and baked until golden brown. Garlic Parmesan Bread Sticks are melt in your mouth goodness!
Do you LOVE the smell of bread dough proofing up in the hot oven with fresh garlic and Parmesan?
It is one of my most favorites.
Anything that has to do with homemade yeast dough, has to be one of my weakest weaknesses.
Especially with these… Garlic Parmesan Bread Sticks!
The smell of butter, garlic, and Parmesan all surrounded by homemade dough.
It’s simply one of the best things ever!
This bread sticks recipe is so easy to whip up for dinner … on a weeknight!
You know the kind of dough that is put inside of a pressurized cardboard canister and scares you so silly when it pops?
Well, by the time you figure out how to open one of those without jumping up to the ceiling, you’d already have fresh dough mixing up with the dough hook. (Or your hands, of course.)
As I was saying, this homemade bread sticks recipe is really simple to put together.
After you have kneaded your dough, allow it to rest for 10 minutes, covered. This allows the gluten to relax while it was being kneaded. It will make the dough much easier to work with. It’ll also make the bread sticks more tender after being baked.
Put the dough on an unfloured surface and shape into a wide oblong loaf.
Mark out about 12 -14 lines in the dough. It may not look like they are very big, but you are going to be rolling each piece of dough out to become longer.
Brush the melted butter with fresh garlic and seasonings onto the surface of the baking pan.
Then place each rolled dough stick onto the pan and brush more melted butter mixture on top.
Sprinkle on grated Parmesan cheese.
Pop these bread sticks straight into the preheated oven. No need to wait for them to rise. They will puff right up while baking.
See? I said, these could be made on a weeknight!
These bread sticks will come out so golden and smelling oh, so good!
For as long as I’ve been making these, my sweet boys can’t seem to be patient enough for these to be placed on the table. I swear they have their sniffers working before the timer beeps. Because, they are already hovering by the oven before I could take these beauties out.
But, I’m in a house full of growing boys… they act as if they haven’t eaten in hours!
I know you will love these Garlic Parmesan Bread Sticks, as much as we do!
- 1 tablespoon dry active yeast (I use Fleischmann's)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cup warm water (105°F to 115°F)
- 1/4 cup milk (I use whole milk.)
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 - 3 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 fresh garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Put yeast and sugar in a small bowl, add the warm water and stir. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat the milk with 2 tablespoons of butter, until melted. Stir in honey with milk mixture. Set aside.
- Put 2 cups of bread flour and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the proofed yeast and milk mixture into the flour mixture. Mix by hand or with a dough hook on low speed. Slowly add the rest of the flour while it is mixing. Keep mixing until the dough has pulled away from the sides of the bowl. Add additional flour one tablespoon at a time, if needed.
- Take dough out of the bowl and set onto a lightly floured surface. Knead it for a few more minutes. Allow the dough to rest for 10 minutes, covered.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt 6 tablespoons of butter. Stir in the pressed or minced garlic with Italian seasoning, garlic and onion powders. Brush onto the bottom of baking pan. Set aside.
- Put the dough on an unfloured surface and shape into a wide oblong loaf.
- Mark about 12 -14 lines in the dough and cut. Roll each piece of cut dough to the width of the baking pan. (About 10 inches wide.) Place each rolled dough about 1/4 inch from each other onto the already buttered surface. Brush the rest of the melted butter mixture on top of each rolled dough. Sprinkle on Parmesan cheese.
- Bake on the bottom rack in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Stays fresh in a closed stored container for up to 3 days.
- Makes 12 to 14 ten inch bread sticks.
Looking for another way to make sweet bread sticks or, even more garlic on top of fresh baked dough…
These Garlic Parmesan Bread Sticks are shared with: Play. Party. Pin. Dining Design Diapers A Prudent Life Nancherrow Today’s Creative Blog Cooking With Curls Yummy Healthy Easy Sewlicious Home Decor Your Homebased Mom Call Me Pmc Kleinworth & Co. Cozy Little House Three Mango Seeds Tiny Sidekick The New Mrs. Adventures Bubbly Nature Creations Eazy Peazy Mealz Lady Behind The Curtain Crafty Wife Epic Mommy Adventures Buns In My Oven The Best Blog Recipes