When you see me in the grocery store, I’m usually heading straight into the baking isle.
Keeping my baking pantry stocked is a must. If I’m low on (every kind) of chocolate chips, I panic. (Same with butter… but that’s a whole other story.)
This time, I lingered along the isle and noticed some Lemon Meringue Mallow Bursts marshmallows.
I didn’t know what I was going to do with them. Yet.
I just had to have them. (I was just happy there was a selection of marshmallows at our one and only grocery store in the whole county.)
So, of course I made some Lemon Meringue Rice Krispie Treats.
I’m telling you, these are literally bursting with lemon!
Adding a little bit of white chocolate makes them even more divine. Just as I did with the White Chocolate Lemon Cookies.
So, making these are a breeze!
Melt your butter in a microwavable bowl.
Add the lemon marshmallows. Put back onto the microwave another 45 seconds.
I love the gooey-ness of melting marshmallows.
Stir the butter and melted marshmallows together. Get ready to add the cereal.
Stir it all together for more happiness. But wait, you’re not done yet.
White chocolate chips go in the marshmallow-y mixture.
Some may melt… and some may not. But, it’s all so delicious!
Put it all into a pan to set up.
While you’re waiting for this lemon creation to cool, melt the rest of the white chocolate chips.
Tip: Use a “double boil method”. A heat safe bowl on top of a pot of simmering water with only 1-2 inches of water in it. Make sure the bowl does not touch the water. Remember, chocolate is very sensitive. This way melts it very gently without really making the chocolate hot.
Dip the cut squares (bottoms) into the white chocolate. Set on wax paper.
Drizzle with the remaining white chocolate.
Then, sprinkle with some yellow jimmies.
This is as simple as it gets.
Enjoy, my friends!
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package Mallow Bursts Lemon Meringue
- 4 cups crispy cereal
- 1½ cups white chocolate chips, divided
- yellow jimmies/sprinkles (optional)
- Melt butter in a microwavable bowl.
- Add marshmallows and melt for 45 seconds, or until melted.
- Stir in the cereal until all combined.
- Add half of the white chocolate chips into the mixture and stir.
- Put into a 8×8 square baking dish. Set aside to cool.
- Melt the other half of the white chocolate chips with a double boil method.
- Cut the treats into squares and dip the bottoms into the white chocolate. Set on wax paper. Drizzle the rest of the white chocolate on top and sprinkle with yellow jimmies. (Optional.)