Savory Pizza Muffins are definitely pizza worthy! These are perfect sized for individual servings. Have them for a snack, an appetizer, or a meal with a salad. Fast and easy to make– and all made from scratch!
Don’t you just love how pizza comes in all sizes, shapes, and creations?!
The possibilities of making pizza is really endless!
The pizza recipe I have for you today, is in the form of a savory muffin.
Texture so soft in the middle and crispy on the tops edges. Italian seasonings and melted cheese wrapped through out the entire muffin!
Of course, you may choose your favorite toppings to please the whole family. Mini pepperonis are fun!
When pizza is baked in this muffin form, it is perfect for individual servings or a snack on the go!
Think of when you have guests over for a casual party night, these Pizza Muffins are perfect! No utensils needed!
In fact, my Gatlon came to me and suggested he was craving some kind of cheesy pizza dilly... for on-the-go. With a teenager, you know it’s all about the part of grabbing the food and walking out the door. In his case, it’s getting to the skate park fast enough to do his BMX stunts before it gets crowded… and eating at the same time!
My boys have been enjoying these with every batch I’ve made. The muffins freeze really well, too. Great for popping out and having for lunch!
Enjoy, my friends!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 5 ounce pepperoni, mini or cut slices
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into small pieces or sliced
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cornstarch, seasonings, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut the pieces of cold butter into the flour mixture until all crumbly looking. (Use a pastry cutter or work the cold butter with both hands into the flour.)
- Add the the pepperoni and mozzarella and 1/2 cup of grated cheese-- or your choice of toppings and cheeses.
- Add the beaten egg and the buttermilk. Stir with a spoon until all mixed together. Do not over mix.
- Spoon into a prepared (sprayed with non stick spray or with cupcake liners) muffin pan. You may overfill the cups just a little over the top. They will rise and puff up just a little bit.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Makes 6 large muffins. Fun to make in a mini muffin pan, too!
- Store in refrigerator, wrapped for up to 3 days. Or freeze individually.
–> For another on-the-go pizza idea, try these… also made from scratch!
What are your favorite pizza toppings?
Sharing these Pizza Muffins with: Sewlicious Home Decor The Weary Chef Love Grows Wild Marvelous Mommy Cozy Little House Huckleberry Love Real Housemoms Live Laugh Rowe