Crispy trimmed scallions, individually coated with softened cream encircling the bulbs. Then encased with freshly sliced deli meat. Enticing appetizer for any event!
The next time you are entertaining your guests or whether you are asked to contribute to that next party– these perfect little Scallion Wraps are the way to go!
Justin’s mother has always made these for her sons on very special occasions and holidays. The tradition has carried over to the next generation. Now we always make these for Thanksgiving and New Year. The whole family really looks forward to this. I think more so than the main dish!
I’m simply telling you that these are a huge hit!
You’d better make a few more of these wraps than you’d expect. Because, these meat wrapped deliciousness disappear fast! Try to make them while no one else is in the house…Because if your house is like mine, everyone will be eating the finished product before you are even able to put them onto the platter!
There are endless varieties of deli meats to wrap around the scallions…going along with the heavenly cream cheese in the middle!
Trust me, I know. The deli counter is Justin’s favorite part to hang out while I’m grocery shopping. He’ll get every kind of meat (and cheese) sliced for him to sample. Then we end up purchasing pounds (I’m not kidding!) of sliced meat. And, it’s all gone within a couple days! (Remember, I have a house full of boys…they eat everything!)
This is such a
short and sweet savory kind of recipe! These Scallion Wraps are so easy to put together ahead of time or overnight. I wanted to share with you just how simple these are…AND tantalizing!
Enjoy, my friends!
- 1 bundle scallion (Also known as, green onions. Usually comes with about 10 individual pieces.)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 5 slices of your favorite fresh deli meat (thinly sliced), cut in half to make 10 pieces.
- After rinsing the scallions with cold water, trim the tops about an inch down. Trim the roots off of the bulbs, as well. (The white part.) Pat dry and peel off any bad part that is lingering around the bulb.
- Scoop about a teaspoon (or two) of cream cheese onto the ends covering the bulbs and spreading it up a little.
- Lay the cream cheese covered bulb end on top of the sliced deli meat. Fold the bottom part of the meat onto the bottom of the bulb, covering the cut tip of the scallion. Tuck and roll the rest of the meat around the cream cheese covered area.
- Refrigerate and cover until ready to serve. (Do not leave out in room temperature for a long time. Make sure the meat is always at a chilled temperature. Always think about food safety.)
- Makes about 10. (You may want to make more than 10 Scallion Wraps. They disappear fast!)