Melted mozzarella and spicy pepperoni slices layered inside of a panko Parmesan crusted chicken breast. This Mozzarella & Pepperoni Stuffed Chicken is served over a quick and easy marinara sauce with Italian spices. Easy and fast to make, even on a weeknight!
Are you in one of those dinner ruts? Where you can’t figure out what is going to be speedy enough and on the table in no time at all… especially on a weeknight?
I sure wish I was one to have a weekly menu. But, when you have a working teenager, and a husband that works construction hours. It changes daily.
This is why I always need something quick and easy!
Chicken, pepperoni, and cheese are always winners in their own little individual ways.
And, it’s always fun to switch up the boring chicken and give it a little more pizzazz.
Am I right?
Pepperoni happens to be one of the foods that are always on hand. Especially with a house full of boys. It’s their favorite to put pretty much on anything. Inside of some Homemade Stuffed Pizza Pockets or even a on piece of buttered toast. That one, I’m still trying to figure out.
Mozzarella & Pepperoni Stuffed Chicken is an easy way to switch up the plain chicken breast.
It’s so simple to make and have on the dinner in no time at all!
Start with 2 chicken breasts. Cut each chicken in half to make 4 pieces. Pound each chicken to a flat, thin piece. Make it as flat as you can without making it too thin.
Put a couple slices of pepperoni and mozzarella on top.
Begin to roll and tuck the chicken, dip the outer part of the chicken into the egg wash, then the panko Parmesan mixture.
Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes in an 375 degrees oven.
Make the quick marinara sauce before the chicken hits it out of the oven. You’ve also got time to make and pair this chicken and sauce it up with your favorite kind of pasta!
- 4 chicken breasts, no particular size.
- 8 (or more) pepperoni slices, depending on how big they are and how much you want on.
- 4 slices of mozzarella
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- pinch of salt and sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano seasoning
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut each chicken in half to make 4 pieces. Pound each chicken to a flat, thin piece. Make it as flat as you can without making it too thin. (I usually use my rolling pin to pound the chicken. Or a can of food for the weight to make it flat.) Cover the raw chicken with plastic wrap or wax paper before pounding.
- Put pepperoni and mozzarella on top of flattened chicken pieces.
- Beat the egg white with a fork for about 30 seconds in a medium size bowl. Set aside.
- Mix the panko bread crumbs, Parmesan, and 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning in a medium size bowl.
- Begin to roll and tuck the chicken and dip the outer part of the chicken into the egg wash, then the panko Parmesan mixture.
- Place on a non stick sprayed baking sheet and cook for 20-30 minutes.
- Simmer the tomato sauce, seasonings, lemon juice, sugar, salt, and pepper together until warm.
- Serve the sauce over or under the cooked crispy chicken. Enjoy!
- Remember to always wash everything the raw chicken has touched. Do not reuse any of the bread crumb mixture after the chicken has been in it. Throw away if you have even a little left over. Same as with the egg mixture.
Sharing this Mozzarella & Pepperoni Stuffed Chicken with: Buns In My Oven Crafty Wife The Creative Princess Nancherrow Live Laugh Rowe What’s Cooking, Love? Put A Bird On It The Best Blog Recipes Design Dining and Diapers Made From Pinterest The Cards We Drew Today’s Creative Blog Cooking With Curls Simply Sweets By Honeybee Your Homebased Mom Call Me PMc Three Mango Seeds Sewlicious Home Decor Chelsea’s Messy Apron A Night Owl Pieced Pastimes Huckleberry Love Inside BruCrew Life Cozy Little House Nap Time Creations Tiny Sidekick New Mrs. Adventures Confessions Of A Cooking Diva Epic Mommy Adventures