Plump potato dumplings with Italian sausage and tomatoes. Surrounded with melted mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Italian Sausage Gnocchi Bake is a fast and hearty meal your whole family will love!
I am addicted to gnocchi.
Pillowy potato dumplings that literally melt in your mouth!
This word alone sounds all fancy. But, it’s as simple as… a potato!
Adding potatoes to just about anything can bring so much creation to the table.
Same with the gnocchi.
I wanted to put together all of my favorite ingredients, pop it in the oven and call it good.
If you have constant hungry boys at your house, like I do, there’s no time to sit and
hear them whine wait for dinner to come out of the oven.
This Italian Sausage Gnocchi Bake is so easy and fast to put together, you can make this for dinner on a weekday!
Trying to make a meal that requires my whole family to enjoy, is sometimes a challenge.
And, this gnocchi bake is a winner!
Making this is a breeze!
If you have more time to spare, you may want to use fresh tomatoes and even make your own Homemade Potato Gnocchi recipe from scratch! Jamie with Love Bakes Good Cakes has that amazing recipe! Super easy and very delicious!
Or, you may purchase the packages of potato gnocchi at your local grocery store.
Either route you take, I am sure you are going to love this easy dish which has a lot of texture and taste in every single bite!
- 14 ounce package potato gnocchi
- 1 1/4 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian diced tomatoes, do not drain.
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium shallot, diced
- 1 bulb garlic, peeled, chopped or pressed
- 4 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup mozzarella, grated
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook gnocchi as directed on back of package. Drain and set aside (or cook while browning sausage).
- Brown sausage in a large skillet on medium high heat. Add chopped red bell pepper, onion, shallot, garlic and saute for 4 minutes with the meat. Gently stir in the cooked gnocchi and saute with the sausage and vegetables for 3 more minutes.
- Pour in can of tomatoes (with juice) and fresh spinach. Stir together until spinach starts to welt.
- Transfer into a baking dish. Sprinkle with cheeses and bake uncovered for 10 minutes to melt the cheese. (You may leave it all in the large skillet and put a lid on it to melt the cheese, instead of putting in oven.) Enjoy!
What is your favorite Italian dish?
Featured in these amazing recipe collections:
24 Delicious Casserole Recipes ~ The Best Blog Recipes
Mommy On Demand Your Homebased Mom Call Me Pmc Three Mango Seeds Kleinworth & Co. Inside BruCrew Life Mommy Hates Cooking Ginger Snap Crafts Lady Behind The Curtain Tiny Sidekick Simply Sweets By Honeybee Play. Party. Pin. Dining Design Diapers A Prudent Life Nancherrow Today’s Creative Blog Cooking With Curls Yummy Healthy Easy Sewlicious Home Decor