A creamy cheesecake layer baked on top of mint chocolate candies and a mint cookie crust. More pieces of mint chocolate candy, crumbled mint cookies, and mint chocolate chips are sprinkles on top. Mint Cheesecake Cookie Bars are infused with creaminess, chocolate, and a whole lot of mint! How does mint with chocolate and cheesecake sound to you? My family are huge fans of sweet mint treats! Of course, you already would figure that. Especially since I, the queen of my own kingdom, is in love with anything sweet. Mint happens to be in with my favorites of the sweet
food group. If you are in love with chocolate, cheesecake, and MINT… this is a sweet mint treat just for you! Within these Mint Cheesecake Cookie Bars is the creamy sweet balance of a cheesecake layer. It’s in between a crunchy mint cookie crust and lots of mint chocolate candy pieces. I went ahead and threw some mint chocolate chips on there as well. You know, to go along with the whole mint chocolate action!
- 2 3/4 cup finely crushed mint chocolate cookies
- 5 mint chocolate cookies, broken into large pieces
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 40 unwrapped pieces Andes mints, divided
- 3 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or mint chocolate chips (I used Hershey's)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine and stir together the crushed cookie crumbs with the melted butter. Pat down crumb mixture into the bottom of a sprayed and lined with aluminum foil 9 inch by 9 inch baking dish. Bake for 7 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together the softened cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla. Set aside.
- When the crust is done partially baking, lay about 28 (depending upon if you use the 9x9 baking dish) of Andes mints on top. (Be sure to save some to break apart on the very top layer.) Pour over the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle the chocolate chips, the broken cookie pieces, and the rest of the mints on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Allow to completely cool and set up before cutting.
- Makes 9 large bars or 18 small bars from a 9 inch by 9 inch baking dish. Store in a closed container for up to 5 days.