I can’t help it, I love peanut butter.
When I made the Peanut Butter Custard, I was also whipping up these Peanut Butter Truffles all in the same morning.
Yes, I was in one of those moods!
But, that’s what happens when it’s a simple recipe to settle the craving for peanut butter.
Besides, being in the kitchen calms me. What about you? I guess that’s why my boys have always loved playing “kitchen” when they were all little. (They still love hanging out in the kitchen… but this time they’re cooking real food!)
If you have little ones around, these are perfect for them to help you with!
Something about these luscious little bites of peanut buttery goodness covered with melted chocolate…
Maybe it’s the size of them that makes me feel less guilty with each one I nibble on.
Taking “one more” as I pass the plate sitting on the counter doesn’t mean I’m counting…just making sure they’re still okay. You know, checking the texture… the taste… and the peanut butter-ness of it all. (Even though I’ve been making these for years.) I still need to make sure they’re perfect.
You’ll love how “perfectly” easy they are to make, too!
You combine the butter and peanut butter until smooth. Then add the sifted confectioners sugar. Note: Although the sugar is already fine in texture, you’ll still need to sift to make sure there are no lumps. Mix until thoroughly combined.
Drop into small balls. (I used the smallest cookie scoop.) Place in freezer for about 20 minutes so you are able to form into a smoother ball. The texture will soften up more when left at room temperature.
Melt the milk chocolate over a double boil. (A heat safe bowl on top of a pot of simmering water with only 1-2 inches of water in it. Make sure the bowl does not touch the water. Remember, chocolate is very sensitive. This way melts it very gently without really making the chocolate hot.)
Dip each ball of peanut butter into the melted chocolate. Shake off any excess. Set onto wax paper.
While it is setting up, melt the peanut butter chips using the double boil method. It will seem very thick. Add 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and stir. It will smooth out and also give it a shine. Drizzle over the tops of the chocolate covered pieces.
These are perfect to make ahead of time for any occasion. But, to be honest… just having one of these on any day is a special occasion!
Enjoy, my friends!
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cup confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips, melted (I used Hershey’s Melts)
- ½ cup peanut butter chips, melted
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (for the peanut butter chips)
- Stir together peanut butter and butter. Gradually add the sifted sugar. Stir until all combined.
- Shape into 1″ balls. (I used a small cookie scoop.) Place on wax paper and put in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Melt milk chocolate chips over a double boiler. Dip peanut butter truffles into the chocolate; drip excess off. Place on wax paper to set.
- Melt peanut butter chips over a double boiler. Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil at a time and stir. (This thins it out and gives it shine.) Drizzle over the set milk chocolate balls.