I have a relationship with Wilton Armetale which includes receiving this product to review. All opinions are 100% my own.
Pulled pork simmered with fiery salsa. Then layered upon a bed of fresh cut and fried, crispy corn tortilla chips. Melted cheese and toppings come together to create these Pulled Pork Nachos!
I love nachos.
I could eat them any day of the week.
Actually, pretty much every day of the week.
When I make nachos from home, I take it very seriously.
Simple, but seriously.
Yes, there are those afternoons I’ll join the boys in some not-so-serious nachos. You know the kind– plain cheese on top of stale, broken chips.
Whether there’s a party or when a midnight-snack-crave kicks in, these Pulled Pork Nachos always make their way to the oven.
Instead of placing your hot nachos on a separate serving tray, using this Gourmet Grillware Griddle makes it possible to serve them straight up from the oven or grill! That way, your food (in this case, nachos!) stays hot. The Gourmet Grillware even works great with serving cold food and drinks that needs to stay cold.
Isn’t that cool?!
Making these Pulled Pork Nachos are a breeze!
Using your leftover pulled pork (or chicken!) is the best way to use it up in these nachos.
Shred up the meat into a medium skillet on medium to low heat.
Pour your favorite kind of salsa onto the pulled pork. I used my own salsa I made this past summer. I promise I’ll share with you my recipe when I harvest it again!
Stir in your seasonings: chili powder and cumin powder.
Allow the pulled pork and salsa to simmer for abut 20 minutes without the lid on. By leaving the lid off, it reduces the liquid. Make sure to not forget about it totally, stir it occasionally.
While your pulled pork is simmering and mingling in with the peppers, onions, and tomatoes of the salsa… let’s start making some fresh crispy corn tortilla chips!
Heat up a skillet with oil on medium to high heat.
Cut the stack of corn tortillas into fourths.
Place the triangle pieces into the heated oil one by one.
Do not overcrowd the party!
Flip them carefully until they become a light golden color.
Place the chips onto a plate with paper towels to soak up the oil. Immediately sprinkle salt on them.
Now the pulled pork and salsa mixture is looking ready!
Lay the chips in a single layer on the Grillware Griddle.
You want every chip to have it’s own party, right?
See where we’re going with this?
Sprinkle on you favorite meltable cheese.
Bake in the oven OR place it on the grill until the cheese has melted.
Pile it up with your favorite toppings!
(Hold on, I think I need way more jalapenos.)
Serve hot, straight off this Gourmet Grillware!
- 1 pound of cooked boneless pork lion, shredded (Chicken is great, too!
- 3 1/2 cups of your favorite salsa
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2-3 cups oil for frying (Depends on how deep your skillet is, you may need more.)
- 3 cups shredded cheese (Use more cheese if you like it Cheesy!)
- toppings (optional) - jalapenos, guacamole, sour cream, onions, cheese, olives, etc.
- Shred the pork and put into a into a medium skillet on medium to low heat.
- Pour in the salsa and stir together.
- Simmer for 20 minutes with the lid off. Stir occasionally.
- Heat up a separate skillet with oil on medium to high heat.
- Cut the stack of corn tortillas into fourths.
- Place the triangle pieces into heated oil one by one. Do not overcrowd.
- Flip them carefully until a light golden color.
- Place the chips onto a plate with paper towels to soak up the oil. Immediately sprinkle salt on them.
- Lay the chips in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Divide the pulled pork mixture on top of the chips.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Put in a preheated oven of 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Put your favorite toppings on when taken out of the oven.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
I’ve truly fallen in love with my new Gourmet Grillware Griddle!
So much…. that I will be sharing with you a few other recipes using the Griddle while the *giveaway is going on.
Good luck, my friends!!
*Giveaway ends on Wednesday, January 22 at 11:59 MST P.M. Winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will be announced below and emailed the following day. The winner must claim their prize within 48 hours before another winner is chosen.
Gourmet Food World: 10 Cinco de Mayo Recipes by Bloggers We Love