Simmered Baked Beans with pieces of crispy bacon, red and green onions, and garlic. Perfect for bringing to your next summer gathering!
It’s officially grilling season!
Which happily transfers to, eat-outside-with-family-and-friends time!
Isn’t it just the greatest time of year?
You get to chill and eat while chatting it up with your besties… outside!
After being cooped up all winter long, I’m so ready to get out and enjoy every minute of our very short summer.
It’s the best times. The summer part… so not the winter. Just making sure I have that part clear. 🙂
The next time you are invited to a gathering, bring these amazing Baked Beans with Bacon.
Your friends will love you for it.
And of course, it’s beyond easy to put together.
Super tasty and has lots of flavor.
It’s all about the flavor…
There’s tender white beans, crispy bacon, red and green chopped onions, and the fresh minced garlic.
It’s all simmered in a thick, rich sauce.
If you’re like me, I like to keep my baked beans in one spot on my plate. Can’t have the beans running into the potato salad or soak into the buns with the burger. Am I right?
The best part about making these baked beans, there’s no need to simmer them all day. Just until everything is all warmed up and then you’re ready to serve.
So there, a fast and hearty recipe to bring to your next summer gathering!
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 ounces bacon (smoked or maple flavor)
- 1 shallot, minced
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 4 stalks of green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce, your favorite kind
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (or water, is fine)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- pinch cayenne (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium pan on medium-high heat, cook cut up bacon pieces until golden and crispy. Drain cooked bacon onto paper towels.
- Leave 2 tablespoons of bacon drippings in the pan and sauté the shallot, red onions, green onions, and garlic together for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the drained beans, bbq sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, dijon mustard, worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, and seasonings. Stir until combined.
- Simmer on low for 15 minutes. If it is too thick, add a tablespoon of water at a time. The longer it simmers, the thicker it becomes. May set in a slow cooker on the lowest setting to stay warm. Enjoy!
- Serves 4, but may easily be doubled or tripled to feed a crowd!
Sharing these Baked Beans with Bacon with: Bubbly Nature Creations Yellow Bliss Road Buns In My Oven Place Of My Taste Crafty Wife