Warm, soft corn tortillas smothered with fresh tomatillo sauce, black beans, and topped with a fried egg. Huevos Rancheros is a great breakfast… at any time of the day!
Do you love Mexican cuisine for breakfast?
Going out to be breakfast with all my guys, has to be my favorite.
And, if Huevos Rancheros is on the menu, I’m all over it!
I don’t even know if I can pronounce it correctly… I’m a blonde with a Utah accent. So, I’m glad I’m just typing this all to you!
Instead of going out to breakfast and ordering some Huevos Rancheros, you can easily make this recipe right up in your own little kitchen!
The tangy, spicy (or mild) sauce which lays under the fried egg and cheese is really what gives this dish pizzazz! I love using simple tomatillo sauce for my Chili Verde Enchiladas recipe, too. It’s great to whip up this sauce ahead of time and have in the refrigerator for a convenient and fast breakfast like this one.
These Huevos Rancheros with fried eggs, black beans, crumbled queso fresco cheese… and homemade tomatillo sauce is all really simple to make and bring all together.
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 cup oil, for frying
- 4 large eggs
- 1 15 ounce black beans
- 5 ounces Queso Fresco cheese, crumbled
- 1 pound tomatillos
- 1 small yellow onion
- 4 ounce can diced (or fresh) jalapenos
- 4 ounce can diced (or fresh) chiles
- 1/2 bushel cilantro, chopped.
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- To prepare the tomatillos, peel away the husk and rinse off the stickiness under running water. Place all of the peeled tomatillos in a large pot of cold water. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes. Drain off water and place in a large blender or food processor. Add chopped onions, jalapenos, chiles, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, cumin, garlic and onion powder to the tomatillos and puree until completely blended. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a small frying pan on medium heat. Place one corn tortilla at a time into the hot oil for 1 and a half minutes on each side. Place on dry paper towels on a flat surface to drain excess oil.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter (or use any other non stick method you would like to use) in a large frying pan on medium heat. Crack 4 eggs into the pan. Put a lid on the pan as so the heat will cook the tops of the eggs without having to flip them.
- Drain and rinse beans with hot water.
- Place each corn tortilla on plates and layer them with the tomatillo sauce, beans, eggs, and crumbled cheese. Enjoy!
- Tomatillo sauce may be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Enjoy, my friends!Sharing these Huevos Rancheros With Fresh Tomatillo Sauce with: Dolen Diaries Lady Behind The Curtain Yellow Bliss Road Nancherrow Design Dining and Diapers The Best Blog Recipes Kreative Creationz Pickled Okra A Prudent Life The 36th Avenue A Little Claireification Sewlicious Home Decor The Weary Chef
This recipe is included in this collection: