I am a cookie fanatic! Especially when it comes to moist, chocolatey, brownie-like texture with a hint of mint. These Mint Triple Chocolate Cookies are incredibly soft and chewy! Literally, melt-in-your-mouth kind of cookie!
Did you see the amazing words: TRIPLE CHOCOLATE?! Because I couldn’t have presented you just any chocolate cookie today… it had to be one baked with 3 types of chocolate inside! The reasoning behind the TRIPLE CHOCOLATE in this creation of a cookie is: the melted chocolate, cocoa powder, and chocolate chips!
Oh! And adding to all that chocolate is MINT!
I simply just added mint baking chips. SO convenient! The only unwrapping of mints is to slap one on top of the round ball of dough before going into the hot oven.
You’ll think these cookies are a breeze to make! No need to even get the mixer out.
Start with a microwave safe mixing bowl. Melt the butter for 30 seconds. (10 seconds more, if needed.)
Stir in 1 cup of chocolate chips into the melted butter.
Mixing until all the chocolate chips are melted. No need to put back into the microwave. The butter should be heated just enough to melt the chocolate morsels.
Beat 1 egg in a separate bowl, then add to the chocolate mixture. By having the egg beaten, it helps incorporate it all through the melted chocolate a little easier. Pour in 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Stir together.
Pour in a whole can of deliciousness: sweetened condensed milk! This gives it the moist, chewy, and soft consistency for the cookie. It is used as the “sweetener” instead of using sugar. Stir until all mixed together.
Set aside for a few minutes while you put the dry ingredients into another bowl.
I like to always mix together the dry ingredients into a separate bowl instead of just adding each one into the wet ingredients. Because it prevents over mixing the dough. And when it comes to a recipe that has cocoa and flour. I think it is especially a great idea to mix together before hand. By doing so, it breaks up any lumps in the cocoa powder in with the flour.
Measure the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda. Whisk together thoroughly until there is no more white (flour) visible.
Pour the dry ingredients into the chocolate mixture. Stir with a large spoon to get it all mixed together.
Now it is time to start adding the chunks of chocolate and mint goodness into the bowl of chocolate heaven!
Form into large 1 and 1/2 inch balls. Roll between both hands and set on baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Press down with your palm of your hand slightly enough to flatten just the top. You may set more candy chocolate mints on top of the dough if you’d like to add a little more pizzazz to the cookie!
Bake in a preheated 350 degrees oven for 8 minutes.
Leave on baking sheet for another 4 to 5 minutes to allow the cookies to finish baking slowly. This also helps set them up before completely cooling. I will almost always just slide my parchment paper off the sheet onto the counter after the few minutes… instead of using a spatula. Then there’s no chance to mess up the perfection you just created!
Enjoy this massiveness of chocolate and the simplicity of mint all joined together in one cookie! That is, if you can stop at just ONE! I never can. (=
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 and ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) bag mint baking chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a large microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds.
- Stir in 1 cup of chocolate chips until all melted. No need to put back in microwave. It will melt the more you stir.
- Add egg into the melted chocolate.
- Add vanilla into the egg and melted chocolate mixture. Stir until all combined.
- Pour in the entire can of sweetened condensed milk. Stir until all combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the melted chocolate mixture.
- Stir with a large spoon to combine all the ingredients.
- Stir in the other 1 cup of chocolate chips and ¾ of the bag of mint baking chips.
- Scoop into 1 and ½ inch round balls and roll between hands.
- Place on baking sheet 2 inches apart. Use parchment paper or silicon sheet to prevent sticking and burning on the bottom of baking sheet.
- Slightly push down the top of the rounded ball of dough.
- Sprinkle the rest of the mint baking chips on top of dough before placing in oven.
- Bake for 8 minutes on the middle rack.
- Take out when timer rings.
- Leave on baking sheet for 3 to 4 more minutes to finish the slow baking process.
- When completely cooled, the cookies may be stacked upon each other.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 3 to 5 days.