A fun twist on combining pizza and pasta in one little skillet!
Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Bake is a quick and easy meal that makes TWO generous servings. But the best part is, you can easily double or even triple this recipe to feed your whole crowd!
This delicious and easy recipe will be a hit with your pickiest eaters.
You know how I know?
Well, because I’m surround by boys and every single one of them has their own preference in food. Along with the fact that they are always hungry. It’s never ending… unless they’re sleeping.
Since the boys usually have no problem eating what is put in front of them, I try my best to make (quick and easy) meals that are fun!
Especially for lunch time.
They choose to come home and eat lunch instead of being in the chaotic and noisy school cafeteria (the lunch factory, as my little nephew calls it). The boys get hot meals in their bellies and hang out with me = bonus!
Besides, I get to know they’ve actually eaten their lunch… and not tossed it in the trash.
These days, It’s just me and my little 4th grader during those quick 10 minutes of lunch time. Then it’s time to get him back to play with his buddies at lunch recess. It’s the perfect teeny break for him… and me!
I love meals that can be made on a whim and in smaller portions. Especially for those quick lunches!
Here’s a great tip for prepping this little dish even faster– substitute the pizza sauce for this easy tomato sauce you made from a previous meal!
(Sweet Piquanté Peppers Tomato Sauce with Italian Sausage— takes only 30 minutes to make!)
We’re huge fans of the mini pepperonis … for lunch AND dinner!
(Pizza Muffins— perfect for lunchtime or appetizers!)
Or if you prefer to have your mini peps hidden inside…
(Homemade Stuffed Pizza Pockets— make them as big or as small as you want!)
- 6 ounces of your favorite uncooked pasta
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cup your favorite cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup (or more!) mini pepperoni
- Cook pasta according to the package directions. Drain pasta from water and place in an oven safe 8-inch skillet, baking dish or pie pan. (You may also put it on the stove burner on medium-low heat with a lid to heat and melt the cheese instead of using the oven broiler.)
- Sprinkle half of grated cheese on top of pasta.
- Add Italian seasoning to tomato sauce and pour on the layer of half the cheese. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top with the mini pepperoni.
- Set under the oven broiler or place on stove with lid until the cheese has melted.
- Great dish to make with extra cooked pasta you've made the day before. Cuts down on time for a faster meal!
- You can substitute the tomato sauce and Italian seasoning for your favorite spaghetti sauce.
You’re going to love this Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Bake! It’s a breeze to put together on a weeknight or in the middle of the afternoon.
Pssst… I’m sharing my Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Bake recipe with these link parties… come join me!
Ginger Wroot says
My mouth is watering looking at this recipe! My daughter is coming to visit next week, and I’m definitely going to fix this for her. Thanks!
Have a great time with your daughter next week, Ginger! Thank you! =)
Theresa @DearCreatives says
That’s a yummy looking pizza pasta bake. Pinned & shared. Thanks for joining the Inspiration Spotlight party. Hope to see you again soon.
Theresa @DearCreatives recently posted…Inspiration Spotlight Linkup Party #187
Thank YOU, Theresa! Have a wonderful week!
lorraine Williamson says
love this thanks for sharing when I’m eating alone will cook my boys are not big on pepperoni have a great Easter pinned and yummed
I am making this tonight! my mouth is watering for it!
No, you’re ah-mazing!
Jana Seitzer says
Oh we make a version of this and my kids love it! So quick and easy! Thanks for sharing this at our weekly Best of the Blogosphere linky party over at MerlotMommy.com.
Gotta love the quick and easy dinners… especially with the kiddos!