Spinach and artichokes incorporated with a blend of cream cheese, garlic, and a whole lot of Parmesan! Serve it on top of sliced garlic toasted bread. Perfect for an exquisite dip to serve for your next gathering!
The holiday season is still in full swing.
Parties and gatherings are on the itinerary. At least it is at our house.
Thanksgiving and Christmas are sadly over…but the celebration of the New Year is right around the corner! Also, my little man’s birthday soon after that. (My baby is going to be 7!!) Which means a big family party, WITH a ton of food! Always.
So, when it comes to entertaining or bringing something for the whole crowd to eat, don’t you think a DIP is in order?
You’ve just got to love a great Spinach Artichoke Parmesan Dip, right?
It has to have the equal amount of spinach and artichoke to compliment the creamy texture surrounding the flavors of garlic and Parmesan.
Then smearing the dip on some fresh artisan bread. (I love using Sourdough bread.)
After you’ve sliced the bread, smear it with some butter and garlic powder. Toast the slices under a broiler until lightly brown. Then surround the bowl of dip with the toasted slices!
This dip takes very little time to put together.
All you do is, put all of the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and stir.
One tip I really want to tell you, is about the spinach. If you are choosing to use the frozen spinach, which I do– allow it to thaw. Once the spinach has thawed all the way, put it into the center of about 5 (or more) paper towels. Squeeze out all of the moisture into the sink. You may even want to get a new set of dry paper towels just to make sure all of the liquid is out of the spinach.
The best part is, it may be served hot or cold!
Whatever your preference is . I really like it either way.
Enjoy, my friends!
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and liquid drained (Wrap in paper towels and twist out excess liquid.)
- 12 ounce jar artichokes, chopped
- 8 ounce cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan, plus 1/2 cup for garnishing the top.
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 artisan loaf of bread, sliced and toasted
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1-2 tablespoons garlic powder
- Put all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan on top.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate, if serving cold. Do not allow to set out at room temperature for more than 3 hours. (Unless you surround the serving dish with ice to keep cool.)
- If serving hot, put into a baking dish and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes. Or until the center is heated and the Parmesan on top is slightly browned.
- Slice bread. Spread butter and sprinkle garlic powder on top of slices. Put on a large baking sheet and broil until the tops are golden brown.
Want to stay updated with my latest creation?
Simply subscribe or Follow my blog with Bloglovin and every time I post something new…you’ll conveniently get it straight into your inbox!