I’m sharing my Top Ten Secret Cookie Baking Tips. Whether you are already a cookie connoisseur or just a cookie baking amateur… These simple tips will help the next time you bake up a batch of your favorite cookies from scratch!
Do you love baking cookies from scratch? Or, do you just stay far, far away from the whole concept?
I LOVE baking cookies. My favorite go-to chocolate cookies are my Triple Dark Chocolate Cookies! (Very soft and with a sensational amount of chocolateness!)
We grew up on cookies that were always made from scratch. Through all the years of baking cookies for my boys, I’ve learned a lot. So, I thought I’d put together a list of my Top Ten Secret Cookie Baking Tips for you.
Also, I’ve compiled a list of scrumptious cookies along the way for some inspiration from all of your favorite bloggers! (Please PIN from the direct sources.)
Peppermint M&M Pudding Cookies ~ What’s Cooking, Love
1. Always bake by the minimum time listed on recipes and keep checking it afterwards so as not to overcook.
Dark Chocolate Almond Biscotti ~ Joyful Healthy Eats
2. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 1-2 minutes before transferring to cooking racks to keep them from breaking. This also helps with not over baking them… as they finish baking (slowly) for results of a softer cookie.
Chocolate Reece’s Chunk Cookies ~ Tahny Cooks
3. Read your recipe carefully before starting. Be sure you have all the ingredients called for and that you understand the recipe (and directions) clearly.
Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark Cookies ~ A Little Claireification
4. Have all ingredients at room temperature for more glamorous perfect cookies, unless otherwise specified.
Pecan Sugar Cookies ~ Crazy For Cookies
5. Butter is better. When baking, use unsalted ‘sweet’ butter. That way you can control the salt intake.
Chocolate Peppermint Chip Cookie Recipe ~ Call Me PMc
6. Use a small (or medium) ice cream scoop for drop cookies, as it makes the process faster. Also gives professional results, and the cookies will be the same size and proportion.
Peanut Butter Chai Cookies ~ Frugal Foodie Mama
7. Do not over mix the dough. Once the flour has been added, it can create too much gluten and the result could be tough textured cookies.
Grandma’s Snickerdoodles ~ It Bakes Me Happy
8. When cookie dough rest in the refrigerator, the gluten in the dough relax. Which result in tender cookies.
Almond Cookies ~ Cooking With Curls
9. Silpat or Parchment Paper is a must when I bake. (Do not confuse with wax paper!) Line the cookie sheets with the Silpat or paper to prevent the cookies from sticking and over browning. (No need to spray or grease sheets, yay!)
Raspberry Fudge Sandwich Cookies ~ Lemons For Lulu
10. Measure flour correctly. Too much flour will ruin your recipe. Fluff up the flour and sprinkle it into your dry measuring cup. Scrape off the excess amount with a straight edge.
Melt In Your Mouth Sugar Cookies ~ My Life As Robin’s Wife
Today is the official day for COOKIES!
What cookie would you want to eat or bake to celebrate?
P.S. **GIVEAWAY!** Come enter to WIN the Christmas Wish Basket Giveaway with all of my favorite things inside …and along with 17 other bloggers!
Want to stay updated with my latest creation?
Simply subscribe or Follow my blog with Bloglovin and every time I post something new…you’ll conveniently get it straight into your inbox!