Super soft, chewy Applesauce Monster Cookies surrounded with creamy peanut butter, oats, chocolate chips, toffee bits, and mini M&M’s. The fun colors and decadent texture would put a smile on anyone’s face!
Applesauce is one of those healthy food items that are in my kitchen for one reason only– baking.
It’s kind of like the bananas that enter my house. Very rarely do they get eaten up by one of the boys. And, definitely NOT by me. Same goes with the applesauce.
Applesauce in cookies make the softest cookies ever!
The texture is really what you’ll notice in these Applesauce Monster Cookies.
Yeah, there’s chocolate swirling all around with those mini M&M’s… and milk chocolate toffee bits. But, it’s the hint of creamy peanut butter, oats, and the applesauce which takes the texture of this particular cookie to the level of pure bliss!
Making these fun little cookies are a breeze!
Simply give the dough some time to chill and relax (as my boys say, chill-ax) in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. By doing this simple little step, it helps give the gluten time to relax.
It also allows the flour to have a little time to absorb more into the liquid.
Putting the cookie dough into the refrigerator also helps so the cookies won’t spread into each other on the baking sheet. The cooler the dough is when going into the oven, the better your cookies will stay put and puff up in baking.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup oats (Quick or Old Fashioned)
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate toffee bits
- 1/2 cup mini M&M's candy
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars for one minute. Add eggs and yolk until all combined.
- Mix in peanut butter, applesauce, and oats. Stir until all combined.
- Put flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl, and whisk together. Gently add these dry ingredients to the dough.
- Gently stir in mini chocolate chips, toffee bits, and M&M's.
- Set cookie dough into the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to place cookie dough onto covered (parchment paper or a silicone baking mat) baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before placing them on a cooling rack. Enjoy!
- Makes 3 dozen medium size cookies. Store in an air tight container and will stay fresh for up to 5 days.
For another moist applesauce cookie recipe, try these…
Enjoy, my friends!
When is your favorite time of the day to enjoy a fresh baked cookie?
In our home, it’s after school!Sharing these Applesauce Monster Cookies with: Nancherrow Design Dining and Diapers The Best Blog Recipes Kreative Creationz A Prudent Life Pickled Okra The 36th Avenue A Little Claireification Sewlicious Home Decor The Weary Chef Inside Brucrew Life My Craftily Ever After Dolen Diaries Ginger Snap Crafts Lady Behind The Curtain