Bananas Foster Cookie Pizza starts with a large baked, tender sugar cookie. Smeared with a cinnamon and sugared cream cheese layer. Then finished with a bubbly brown sugar and butter sauce which is simmered with fresh sliced bananas.
Those of you who know me, especially my own family, know that I absolutely despise bananas. Unless they are smashed up in a shake, or of course, in banana bread. Kind of like they’ve just disappeared and only the flavor is left. It’s a texture thing with me. What food item do you refuse to eat? My #1 least favorite has to be lettuce. SO not my favorite.
Today, this is for all of you banana lovers out there!
Here’s just a little tiny funny thing, I love Bananas Foster… without the bananas. And yes, it totally make sense! There’s the brown sugary sauce simmered with bananas. The flavor is phenomenal. Whether you are in love with bananas or not.
But, I made this just for you! I’ll just take my bananas off, and leave myself the banana flavor. I’m just being honest.
I am in love with sugar cookies, though. I simply cannot resist a sugar cookie. Who really couldn’t? So, I thought why not have the sugar cookie and the banana craze join each other.
Behold the Bananas Foster Cookie Pizza!
It is so heavenly divine! Even if you are like me and won’t eat the bananas.
You know the stories of when a non sweet eater will actually devour a sweet treat to your surprise. Then that’s when you know it’s a good thing, right?
Well, my husband is one of these people. Totally takes me off guard.
Justin comes home from work and heads straight towards the cookie pizza. My concrete covered husband has devoured half of the entire pizza… while dinner is already waiting on the table.
Well, sometimes dessert just happens to be before dinner in my house. It’s just I’m the one that is normally eating the dessert before dinner, not Justin.
You’ll love making this fun pizza!
The crust is a quick and simple sugar cookie dough, you know it… made from scratch!
The cookie dough takes 5 minutes to mix up. It goes into the refrigerator to rest and just chill out for about an hour. Super easy!
While the sauce is doing a quick simmer, it fills the room with such a sweet aroma. Full of sweet cinnamon and nutmeg! Add the bananas and you’re in sweet heaven.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rum
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 5 bananas, peeled and sliced about 1 inch thick.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, cream together 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup of granulated sugar. Add the egg, sour cream, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla until combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients without over mixing. Cover and set into the refrigerator for up to an hour or even over night. After it's been chilled, put the dough into the middle of a sprayed 15 inch pizza pan or stone. Use your palms to pat and work the dough out to the edges. No flour or rolling pin needed, just your hands. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine together the softened cream cheese, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Spread on top of the cooled sugar cookie.
- In a deep, large skillet on medium heat, melt the 1/3 cup butter. Add the brown sugar, rum, vanilla, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, and whisk to a simmer for 4 minutes. This will cook off the alcohol. Gently add and stir in the bananas for 1 more minute. Place the cooked bananas and sauce over the cream cheese layer.
- Slice, eat, and enjoy!
- Serve immediately or within 3 hours.
Enjoy this fun dessert pizza, my friends!