Garganelli pasta nestled in between creamy Parmesan sauce and tomato meat sauce. Layers of melted mozzarella is all through this Creamy Italian Pasta Skillet!
Are you a pasta lover?
I am so indecisive when it comes to pasta… and sauce, for that matter.
The decisions to make– cream or tomato sauce?
Swirly or straight pasta?
I know, it’s really hard in my little world.
This is why I LOVE to use both creamy and tomato sauces in this Creamy Italian Pasta Skillet creation.
Cream sauce AND tomato sauce WITH pasta AND lots of cheese– the best of the best!
This skillet meal is a breeze to make right on the stove top… ready for chow time in less than 30 minutes!
While you are cooking your pasta (2 minutes less than the package instructions) in boiling salted water, start making the cream sauce in skillet on medium heat. I used Garganelli pasta. You may use Penne, Rigatoni, Rotini… it’s really endless!
In the skillet, cream together butter, cream cheese, heavy cream, half & half cream, and seasonings to a simmer. It will thicken up within a few minutes. Sprinkle in some grated Parmesan cheese, and stir.
Now you’re ready to lay the drained pasta on top of the Parmesan cheese sauce. No need to stir it together. Besides, we have another sauce to add right up on top!
Sprinkle on a layer of mozzarella cheese.
This is a great way to use leftover spaghetti sauce, by the way. It’s already precooked and saves you time!
Faster results when the tomato sauce is preheated when putting it on top of the pasta. Because the cream sauce is already warm on the bottom of the pan. So it only makes sense to have the tomato sauce already heated.
Sprinkle on MORE cheese and put a lid on top with it being on low heat. If you are using an oven safe skillet, you may place it under the broiler to melt the cheese.
I know this picture below isn’t very flattering, kind of messy and sloppy. But this is what you’d find when you leave the room waiting for the cheese to melt…
A starving teenager will dig right in!
I hope you enjoy this fast skillet meal as much as my family does!
- 8 ounces dry pasta, I used Garganelli. Penne, Rigatoni, and Rotini is great, too.
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup half & half cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce, your favorite kind.
- 3 cups grated mozzarella, divided
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add pasta to salted water and cook 2 minutes less than the directions on the pasta package. Drain when done.
- While pasta is cooking, start the cream sauce in a large skillet.
- In a heated skillet (on medium heat), cream together butter, cream cheese, heavy cream, half & half cream, and seasonings to a simmer. It will thicken up within a few minutes. Sprinkle in some grated Parmesan cheese, and stir.
- When the cream sauce has thickened up, lay the drained pasta on top of the Parmesan cream sauce. Do not stir together.
- Sprinkle on 1 and 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese on top of the pasta.
- Put preheated spaghetti sauce on top of the cheese and pasta. (Faster results when the spaghetti sauce is preheated.)
- Sprinkle on the rest of the mozzarella cheese and put a lid on top with it being on low heat. If you are using an oven safe skillet, you may place it under the broiler to melt the cheese.
- This is a great way to use leftover spaghetti sauce! It’s already precooked and saves you time!
What is your favorite pasta dish to indulge in?
*******************************************************I’m sharing this Creamy Italian Pasta Skillet with: Bubbly Nature Creations Kreative Creationz Put A Bird On It Nancherrow A Prudent Life The Best Blog Recipes Design Dining and Diapers Six Sisters Stuff Cooking With Curls Natasha In Oz Sewlicious Home Decor The Plaid & Paisley Kitchen This Gal Cooks Yummy Healthy Easy Mommy On Demand Tiny Sidekick