Have you ever had crepes made right in front of you in a fancy buffet? And then you see how fast and easy the chef makes it look… Well, it really IS easy! I’m going to share with you how simple it really is!
This is a sweet, scrumptious Crêpe filled with smooth White Chocolate Custard. A crêpe is basically a very flat pancake. With this recipe, it’s filled with a creamy, white chocolate custard that is smooth like pudding. Top it with some fresh strawberries. And you have yourself a fancy dancy crêpe!
This can be enjoyed for breakfast, brunch and even for dessert! The White Chocolate Custard (with recipe and step by step instructions) only takes 20 minutes to make! The crêpe batter and the custard can be made ahead of time and set in the refrigerator over night.
Gather all of your ingredients together and a large mixing bowl.
Mix the eggs, heavy cream and whole milk together with a whisk.
Stir in the melted 4 tablespoons of butter, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla and 1 tablespoon of sugar.
Whisk in the sifted flour. It will become very lumpy and you may want to switch to a hand mixer to get the batter as smooth as you can. Do not over beat the batter, though.
You’ll need a medium sized non-stick frying pan. Preheat your pan on medium heat. Drop 1 tablespoon of butter into the pan. If the butter is melting nicely, continue with the instructions below. If your butter burns. (Your pan is too hot.) Let it cool a little and wipe out the butter with a paper towel and add another piece of butter.
1) Pour in about 1/2 cup of batter into the center of your heated pan. 2 & 3) Swirl the pan by the handle to circulate the batter towards the edges. Once the edges start to look dry, flip the crêpe for the other side to cook. This only takes about 1-2 minutes on each side. 4) This is what the color should look like on both sides. The crêpe should be able to slide right out of the pan. You may not even need to put more butter into the pan. Note: The first crêpe is usually not the best one. So, don’t give up and continue with the rest of the batter!
Spoon some White Chocolate Custard onto the center of the crêpe. And fold over. Top the folded crêpe with a little extra custard and some sliced strawberries. Or of course, your fruit of choice. Sprinkle and garnish with some powdered sugar.
I’ve always made crêpes for my boys ever since they were little. They love it with powdered sugar on the inside and rolled all up with maple syrup on top…with more powdered sugar. We call these “roll up pancakes”.
Have you tasted a crêpe before? And if so, what is your favorite way to eat them?
Enjoy my friends!
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted. Plus 1 tablespoon for pan.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sifted all purpose flour
- White Chocolate Custard recipe
- 1 pint sliced strawberries
- powdered sugar for garnish
- Whisk together the eggs, whole milk and heavy cream.
- Add and stir in the melted butter, vanilla and sugar.
- Whisk in the sifted flour.
- Use a hand mixer to get the rest of all the flour lumps out of the batter.
- Allow the batter to rest for 30 minutes (at room temperature) or refrigerate over night.
- Preheat a medium non-stick frying pan.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan.
- When the butter is all the way melted, your pan is ready for the batter.
- Drop ½ cup of batter into the center of the pan.
- Swirl the pan by the handle to circulate the batter towards the edges.
- Once the edges start to look dry, flip the crêpe for the other side to cook.
- Cook crêpes about 1-2 minutes on each side.
- The crêpe will be able to slide right out of the pan onto a plate.
- Continue with the rest of the batter.
- Spoon some White Chocolate Custard in the center of the crêpe and fold over.
- Put a little extra custard on the top of the folded crêpe with sliced strawberries.
- Sprinkle and garnish with powdered sugar.