Decadent and moist chocolate filled cookies with a soft brownie like texture. Chiseled chocolate chunks of Gem Stones make these Rockslide Brownie Cookies so much fun!
Soft gooey chocolate cookies have to be one of my favorite kinds of cookies.
Especially these Rockslide Brownie Cookies.
One bite and you’ll be thinking you’re eating a moist brownie all tucked inside of a cookie.
I guess that gives me more excuses to eat more than one cookie… which happens way too often.
A girl can justify, right? Watching a few chocolate cookies disappear, instead of a whole pan of brownies disappear. Which happens a lot, too. But, my Easton takes care of pan the brownies department, easily.
If you love soft moist cookies that stay soft when you go back to grab another one … even the next day… then, these are the cookies for you!
If you’ve noticed, I’m in love with ChocoRocks!
I’ve baked batches of caramel brownies with the super fun (and delicious!) chiseled candy.
Also, some chocolate fudge.
So, instead of just using chocolate chips alone and all by themselves in these already chocolaty cookies, I wanted to use these unique Gem Stones with a geologic flair!
Now, it’s a cookie that ROCKS!
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cups plus 2 tablespoons baking cocoa (I like to use Hershey’s Special Dark, sometimes.)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 9 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1¼ cups (14-ounces can) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg, plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup ChocoRocks, Gem Stones
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the flour, baking cocoa, and baking soda in a medium mixing bowl.
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan on medium heat. Take off heat and add 1 cup of chocolate chips and stir until melted.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk into the melted chocolate mixture. Add vanilla, egg, and egg yolk. Stir until completely combined.
- Gently fold in the flour mixture into the chocolate in the sauce pan. Once all combined, stir in the rest of the chocolate chips. (Save a few morsels to stick on the tops.)
- Use a medium cookie scoop and put the each ball of dough onto a covered baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper. (Do not confuse with wax paper.) Press a few more chocolate chips and the ChocoRocks candy on top of the cookies.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees oven for 10-12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 3-5 minutes before taking off and cooling on cooling racks. Or, a covered flat surface.
- Makes 2 dozen medium size cookies. Store in an air tight container and they will stay fresh for up to 5 days!
What is your favorite kind of cookie?
*************************************************Sharing these Rockslide Brownie Cookies with: Nancherrow A Prudent Life The Best Blog Recipes Design Dining and Diapers Six Sisters Stuff Cooking With Curls Natasha In Oz Sewlicious Home Decor Three Mango Seeds The Plaid & Paisley Kitchen This Gal Cooks Yummy Healthy Easy Mommy On Demand Tiny Sidekick Bubbly Nature Creations Ginger Snap Crafts Lady Behind The Curtain Buns In My Oven