I have a relationship with Kimmie Candy which includes receiving this product to review. This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are 100% my own.
Decadent homemade brownies with chocolate morsels and salted caramel tucked inside. Chiseled Salted Caramel ChocoRocks top off these Rockslide Brownies. Then finished with a drizzle of more salted caramel, also made from scratch!
requires loves brownies at least once a week.
This making brownie thing has been going on for years.
But, more so since my Easton has entered this world. Maybe it has to do with all the brownie batter I consumed when I was preggers with him!
Easton is my brownie lover to the max. He could eat the edges or the middle. It doesn’t matter.
Gatlon, on the other hand, will go straight for the middle piece before the brownies are even cut!
What part of the brownie do you like?
I wanted to create a brownie with a little fun going on.
Inside and all around.
So, behold the Salted Caramel Rockslide Brownies!
Have you tried the ChocoRocks yet? You can put them on or in so many delicious sweets!
Putting the chiseled candy on fudge is really fun, too!
The candies bake really nicely and keep their form. They don’t even change in color when baked. Which makes me happy!
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa powder
- 1 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup, plus 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup salted caramel sauce (recipe below)
- 1 cup Salted Caramel ChocoRocks (or you could use chocolate chips)
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- To make the caramel sauce, melt 1 cup of butter in a medium pan on medium to high heat.
- Add 1 cup of granulated sugar and 1 cup brown sugar. Whisk together for 6-8 minutes. Pour in heavy cream and vanilla. Whisk for another 6-8 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, 1 1/3 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the melted butter, evaporated milk, and vanilla to the dry ingredients. Stir until well combined. The mixture will be very thick.
- Pat down half of the brownie mixture into the bottom of a lined (parchment paper or sprayed aluminum foil) 9 inch by 13 inch baking dish.
- Place in oven for 8 minutes.
- When done, take out of oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly on top of the bottom layer.
- Pour 1 1/3 cup of the caramel sauce on top of the chocolate chips.
- To put the other half of the brownie mixture on top of the caramel, take a spoonful and flatten it between your hands. Or work it flat with your fingers. Lay each brownie mixture piece on top of the caramel.
- Sprinkle the Salted Caramel ChocoRocks on the very top.
- Bake for an additional 21-23 minutes.
- Allow to completely cool before cutting into. This may take up to 4 hours. To speed up the cooling process, you may put into the refrigerator. Lift the lining that is surrounding the brownies out of the pan to easier cut the brownies.
- Bakes in a 9 inch by 13 inch pan and may be cut into a dozen large squares or 24 small squares.
- Refrigerate the remaining caramel sauce for up to 2 weeks.
Go ahead and put a scoop of your favorite kind of ice cream on the warm piece of brownie. Then drizzle some more of the warm salted caramel sauce right over it all!
Enjoy, my friends!I’m sharing these brownies with: I Heart Naptime Lady Behind The Curtain