Easy and delicious puff pastry sheets filled with a creamy Alfredo sauce, tender chicken and crispy bacon.
Any deliciousness stuffed inside of tender dough and baked is definitely a favorite over here with my guys. Especially with chicken!
When you take a bite out of a Chicken Alfredo Bacon Pastry Pocket, it is melt-in-your-mouth good!
Decadent cream sauce surrounding crispy bacon pieces sauteed with garlic and onions, tender chicken, and melted cheese is all tucked inside these pastry pockets.
It’s Mystery Dish day and Kristi from Inspiration Kitchen is hosting this month! If you haven’t seen all what she creates in her kitchen yet, be sure to take a look around while you’re over there. Such talent and creativeness!
Here are the ingredients Kristi put together and challenged us bloggers to choose at least 3 ingredients for each of our creations: apricots, asparagus, vidalia onions, fennel/tarragon, chicken, puff pastry, coconut, cashews, chocolate, and pineapple.
What ingredients would you love to put together and make with this list??
I for sure wanted to use puff pastry… because it’s SO easy to use with sweet or savory!
I’ve already created other easy puff pastry recipes with cinnamon chips, cheesecake filling, pumpkin caramel, and pastry doughnuts. So, I thought I’d share with you easy stuffed pastry that I make all the time for my guys when they come home for lunch.
You are going to love how delicious these turn out AND how easy it is to make!
While your sheets of frozen pastry are thawing, start frying up the bacon pieces! (We are peppered bacon lovers.)
When the bacon is almost at your desired crispness, add the chopped onions and minced garlic and saute for a a few minutes.
The aroma of bacon, garlic and onions is enough to get them excited for lunch or dinner, right?
This cream sauce is seriously so quick… and easy!
Cut each sheet of pastry into 6 rectangles. Lay the first six pieces onto a baking sheet covered with the mixture of olive oil and garlic powder, to prevent the pastry from sticking on the bottom.
Put a about 2 tablespoons of cream sauce in the middle of the six pastry pieces. Followed with the cooked, chopped chicken. (Note: this is a great way to use leftover chicken!)
Don’t be afraid to pile on the bacon mixture!
Sprinkle on the shredded cheese and another drizzle of cream sauce.
Stretch out the other 6 pieces just a little bit to fit over the top of each covered rectangle.
Tuck the pastry under the bottom. Don’t worry about making all of it completely sealed.
These are really great to freeze (after baked) and warm up for snack time!
See what everyone else from the Mystery Dish Club made this month!
Tropical Chicken Tacos ~ Inspiration Kitchen
Pineapple Cake ~ I Dig Pinterest
Honey Pineapple Chicken Teriyaki Skillet ~ Flavor The Moments
Ricotta Asparagus Tart ~ Yummy Healthy Easy
Pineapple Scones ~ The Pajama Chef
- 1 (17.3 ounces) package frozen puff pastry (2 ready-to-bake sheets)
- 2 cooked chicken breasts
- 1 pound bacon, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 small vidalia onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoon olive oil or melted butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Thaw (at room temperature) and unfold both sheets of puff pastry. (Cover with plastic wrap while waiting to use to prevent dried cracks.)
- In a heavy skillet on medium heat, fry the cut bacon. When the bacon is almost to your desired crispiness, add chopped onion and minced garlic. Saute all together for a few more minutes and drain excess bacon fat. Set aside.
- To make the easy Alfredo cream sauce, heat a medium sauce pan on medium heat and put in the butter and cream cheese. Pour in heavy whipping cream and seasonings. Whisk together until cream cheese has melted and all combined. It will become thick when all the way heated up. Stir in grated Parmesan and set aside. (If you prefer a thinner consistency, add one teaspoon at a time of milk.)
- Combine 3 tablespoons of olive oil (or melted butter) with 2 teaspoons garlic powder. Brush on the cooking surface of a large baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut each sheet of pastry into 6 rectangles. Lay the first six pieces onto a baking sheet covered with the mixture of olive oil and garlic powder, to prevent the pastry from sticking on the bottom. Put a about 2 tablespoons of cream sauce in the middle of the six pastry pieces. Followed with the cooked, chopped chicken and bacon. Sprinkle on the shredded cheese and drizzle on more cream sauce. Stretch out the other 6 pieces just a little bit to fit over the top of each covered rectangle. Tuck the pastry under the bottom. Don’t worry about making all of it completely sealed. Brush the remaining olive oil and garlic mixture on top of all of the pockets.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Using leftover chicken or ready-made rotisserie chicken is a great way to make this even faster!
- When thawing the frozen sheets of puff pastry, it is recommended to start with preparing the bacon first. While the bacon is frying, proceed with the easy and quick Alfredo cream sauce. Then you will have everything prepared and ready to stuff these pockets!
- If using onion salt and/or garlic salt, omit the salt, to taste.
- Makes 6 (5 1/2 inches each) pastry pockets.