1. We go down along the river almost every night after dinner. It’s always an adventure. Sometimes, we check to see if the fish are biting or if there’s frogs to catch. But, there’s always this old red bus bench near the bank of the river. It’s one of my favorite spots to sit and watch the water.
2. I have replaced my favorite go-to brownie recipe with Sally’s Ultimate Fudge Brownies with Peanut Butter Chips. This week, I used dark chocolate chips with what I had on hand and made them into double dark chocolate brownies. I leave a thank you treat for our milkman every week, so I bet he enjoyed these brownies this morning! These brownies are a staple in our home (at least) once a week! Thanks Sally!…and my now tight(er) jeans thank you!
3. Even though it’s been snowing earlier this week, I got to wear my favorite winter boots at least one more time.
4. Nothing’s worse than having my little one ask me (while I’m tying his shoes), “momma, why do you have a dark shadow line in your hair?” That’s when you know it’s time to do the roots! About a year ago, I lost over 50% of my hair. I started taking a Biotin supplement. Not only has my hair started to fill back in, but my nails and skin has really improved. I recently changed it to this different Biotin 10,000 dose. Now, everything is growing a bit faster…unfortunately, my roots need some love and attention more often than they used to!
5. Speaking of hair…earlier this week, I had cut 10″ off my niece’s hair. She was very excited to donate it to little girls and boys her age that have medical conditions.
6. My new favorite app is Beautylish. You get to choose from thousands of nail designs, beauty tips, makeup reviews, etc. Super fun! And it’s free!
7. In order to bribe my oldest son to drive 45 minutes to visit his momma, I will usually make (one) of favorites, The Pulled Pork Philly. My Levi is too busy working on his new project, though. So I might have to start making a bigger list of bribes! (=
8. Baking some more White and Dark Chocolate Cream Cheese Chocolate Cake Bars this weekend. The family devoured them way too fast before I could hide an emergency piece for later! Thanks Averie!
9. I catch myself laughing every single time we watch Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness.
10. Love watching my teen do a 360 out of a bowl!
Doing any of your favorite things this weekend?
Averie @ Averie Cooks says
Thanks for linking up my White and Dark Chocolate Cream Cheese Chocolate Cake Bars and glad to hear you’re making another batch! I have an amazing layered bar that’s sort of a version on that theme that I’m posting probably Tues of next week that you’ll probably like too!
Your hair…is gorgeous! So blonde AND so healthy and strong and full!
Averie @ Averie Cooks recently posted…Chocolate-Covered 7-Minute Microwave Caramels
Oh yum! Can’t wait to check those out, Averie! (=
Amy @ Fun With Family and Fitness says
I just asked Courtney to download Beautylish on her IPod for us! Can’t wait to check it out!!! 🙂
Amy @ Fun With Family and Fitness recently posted…A New Chapter
Oh, this app is so up her alley! (=
Julie @ This Gal Cooks says
I love that pic of the river. It looks like a nice, relaxing place to hang out. And those cake bars sound AMAZING! Hope you had a good weekend, Gloria!
Julie @ This Gal Cooks recently posted…Link Party: Marvelous Mondays #43 with Features
Thank you Julie! You’ll have to for sure make those bars from Averie… I love how fast they really are!
Gloria recently posted…Batman Birthday Party