A rich, creamy clam sauce with crispy peppered bacon poured all over a bed of pasta. Fusilli Caserecci with Peppered Bacon Clam Sauce is so full of flavor and simple to make!
Seafood and pasta has got to be one of my favorite kinds of foods to indulge in.
With pasta, there is endless shapes and textures to choose from. So much possibilities!
Fresh seafood, on the other hand, is a tad bit harder to come by here in Utah.
Living in the middle of a state that is nowhere near the salty ocean… and living near a salty lake definitely does not count! But, finding a store that sells fresh seafood is a gem. Even if it’s clear around the mountain side.
Because fresh clams are so hard to come by in these neck of woods (literally), I also use the good ole’ fashioned way and open up cans of clams. Those are always available and taste wonderfully!
You may also use whatever pasta fits your fancy.
Fusilli Caserecci with Peppered Bacon Clam Sauce is a hearty dish to make any night of the week.
This happens to be one of my go-to recipes when I’ve got extra bacon from the morning. If you’re wondering how in the world could there be leftover bacon? I have to hide it. Simple as that. And, if I fry it up ahead of time for this dish, I still hide the bacon. Or there would be no bacon for the dish!
Have fun with this dish and make it for someone you love!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 (6.5 oz.) cans of clams in clam juice. (save juice)
- juice from both cans of juice. (which comes to about 1 cup)
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup sherry (or can substitute for extra chicken broth or water)
- 1 1/3 half and half cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- onion powder and garlic powder, to taste
- 1 pound bacon, fried and cut into pieces.
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh clams, scrubbed and rinsed with cold water.
- 10 ounces pasta (I used Fusilli Caserecci pasta.)
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Bring water to boil and cook pasta for 2 minutes less than what the package directs.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion and garlic in the 1/2 butter, until almost translucent on medium to low heat.
- Whisk in flour and cook for about 5 minutes on low heat. (This cooks out the taste of the flour.)
- Slowly whisk in the clam juice from cans, chicken broth, sherry, and then the cream. Turn up to medium heat. Continue to whisk until it starts to thicken.
- Once you see the sauce almost thicken, add the washed clams to the sauce and put a lid on the skillet. This will steam the clams to open. It may take about 10-15 minutes. (This is happening while your pasta is cooking.)
- Once the clams have all opened, add the drained canned clams for extra clam action and crispy cooked bacon.
- Serve immediately over the drained pasta and top with fresh Parmesan and chopped parsley.
- This recipe serves 4-6 people.
You may just love to try these Garlic Parmesan Dinner Rolls to dip in the creamy clam sauce!Sharing this Fusilli Caserecci with Peppered Bacon Clam Sauce with: Inside BruCrew Kleinworth & Co. Chelsea’s Messy Apron Cooking With Curls