A Giant Double Chocolate Cookie exploding with rich chocolate and a delightful taste. A decadent chocolate cookie that is definitely for the chocolate lovers at heart!
On what kind of level do you LOVE chocolate?
In my home, I have only one intense chocolate lover.
The others (including myself) could really care less about chocolate.
Easton is our official chocolate lover in the family.
He has the pancakes drenched in chocolate every chance he gets… with his sweet and innocent so-called begging.
And, can live off the pan of brownies for every meal… as he sniffs them out hiding on top of the refrigerator.
This recipe makes 2 nine inch Giant Double Chocolate Cookies.
Enough chocolate cookie action to share with your favorite neighbor or devour yourself.
I won’t judge.
These chocolate cookies are intensely doused with double the chocolate in every crevice.
A swooning eye roll with every bite.
Yes, these cookies are that delicious!
When Easton’s chocolate sniffer woke up and sniffed out these cookies this morning, he was up and ready to check out the situation.
Remember, these make 2 Giant cookies…
One cookie sitting out to cool in the kitchen, while the other is being photographed here.
Within minutes being away from the one cookie that I thought was left stranded alone in the kitchen… was now almost 3/4 gone!
The chocolate lover was awoken by the sweet aroma of fresh baked chocolate cookies.
How could you resist fresh baked cookies first thing in the morning?
I know Easton’s little chocolate craving couldn’t!
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cups plus 2 tablespoons baking cocoa (I like to use Hershey’s Special Dark, sometimes.)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 9 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1¼ cups (14-ounces can) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg, plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup mini M&M's (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the flour, baking cocoa, and baking soda in a medium mixing bowl.
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan on medium heat. Take off heat and add 1 cup of chocolate chips and stir until melted.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk into the melted chocolate mixture. Add vanilla, egg, and egg yolk. Stir until completely combined.
- Gently fold in the flour mixture into the chocolate in the sauce pan. Once all combined, stir in the rest of the chocolate chips (and M&M's).
- Spread one half of batter into each prepared (lined with parchment paper or sprayed non stick on aluminum foil) 9 inch pie pan, spreading to 1 inch from the edge. (The cookies will spread to the edge while baking.)
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes. When completely cooled, carefully lift the cookies from the pans. Cut into wedges. (Great with ice cream on top!)
- Makes 2 nine inch cookies. Cover and stays fresh for up to 4 days.