Fresh garlic pieces surround the mild tangy taste of lemon and the boldness of black pepper within this smooth creamy sauce. Lemon Peppered Garlic Cream Sauce is THE cream sauce to pour over your favorite pasta!
Making sauces in my kitchen is pretty much a daily ritual.
Like, the spaghetti sauce that simmers all day long… almost weekly.
Or, the quick tartar sauce for fast dipping action.
I could seriously go on and one about so many sauces… only because, I’m a saucy kind of girl.
But, there’s the fast-and-make-it-happen sauce like this Lemon Peppered Garlic Cream Sauce for pasta!
Once you make this sauce, you’ll see how simple and easy it is to make a cream sauce from scratch with natural ingredients.
You’ll be starting the sauce right as you start the water for your pasta. Then, this creamy, tangy, lemony, garlic infused cream sauce is finished right as your pasta is done and drained.
Add some grilled chicken on top, and you have an amazing meal!
This is a fast cream sauce that needs no jar to open, and no all day simmering.
And, the funnest part is that you get to pour it all over your favorite pasta!
I think I’m a little obsessed with pasta. Not only by
inhaling eating it, but there are so many shapes and sizes… and colors!
In case you’re wondering about these fun colored ravioli, I found these Organic Italian Four Cheese Easter Egg Shape Ravioli at Costco. They are created by Nuovo Pasta. The taste of these fun filled pasta shapes with this Lemon Peppered Garlic Cream Sauce is just phenomenal!
Literally melts in your mouth with so much flavor!
- 4 tablespoons (real) unsalted butter
- 1 whole garlic bulb, peeled and minced
- 8 ounce cream cheese, cold or room temperature is fine
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 1/2 cups half & half, divided
- 1 and a half tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt, to taste
- fresh parsley for garnishing, optional.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, melt butter and saute the garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and 1 cup of heavy whipping cream and seasonings. Whisk together until cream cheese has melted and all combined. It will be thick.
- Whisk in 3/4 cup of half & half and bring it to a simmer for a few minutes. Keep whisking! It will begin to thicken up.
- Add the rest of the of the heavy whipping cream and half & half. Whisk and simmer until it comes to a creamy consistency. Usually takes a few minutes. The longer you let the sauce simmer, the thicker it becomes. If it gets too thick, add a tablespoon of half & half (or milk) at a time.
- Turn temperature down to low.
- Sprinkle in the lemon pepper seasoning, garlic and onion powder. And salt, to taste.
- Ready to serve over your favorite pasta!
- Start making this sauce as soon as you start the process of making your pasta. Everything will be done at the same time and ready to serve!
- Refrigerate any sauce that is leftover in a closed container for up to 3-4 days. To reheat, place in a pot on low heat, instead of the microwave. (The microwave separates the butters in the cream.) It will seem very thick when it is cold. But, as it warms up, it will become nice and creamy again. Remember, it's the cream cheese that is needing to melt again. Add 1 tablespoon of half & half (or 2 teaspoons of milk) at a time to thin out the sauce when heating it back up, if needed.
**What is your favorite pasta and sauce combination?**
*************************************************************************Sharing my Lemon Peppered Garlic Cream Sauce with: The Best Blog Recipes Pickled Okra Nancherrow I Heart Naptime Cooking With Curls Six Sisters Stuff The Weary Chef Sewlicious Home Decor USS Crafty Buns In My Oven Inside Brucrew Life Chef In Training Tiny Sidekick Craftily Ever After Bubbly Nature Creations Lady Behind The Curtain