Puffy golden fried scones topped with pieces of chocolate, graham cracker crumbs, and toasted marshmallows! S’mores Fried Scones are all the makings of a s’mores in one little package!
Fried Scones and good old fashioned S’mores… what the what?!
Whatever you may call this heaven fried up dough, we call it a scone. It’s a Utah thing.
It really wasn’t until long into my adult life, I realized scones were something else.
It was a baffling moment.
So, please excuse me while I now know that there are two different kinds of scones in my little world.
I do have to admit I’ve never tried a cake-like scone. Although, I have eaten many, many Utah fried scones. And, that’s the kind I will forever really know when I hear about scones… fried dough.
My boys have seemed to adapt the name of fry bread over the years. Thank goodness we all know what we are talking about!
Call it what you want… and let’s enjoy some S’mores Fried Scones!
You will be in total S’mores Euphoria when you take a bite of one of these!
The Homemade Fry Bread recipe is what really makes these s’mores very scrumptious.
Flattened fried dough magically turns into warm fluffy golden goodness.
The tender fried scone with melted chocolate is already amazing. But, join it with crumbled graham crackers and toasted marshmallows on top, is even MORE amazing!
Lay chocolate pieces to melt on top, sprinkle on some graham crackers, and top with marshmallows. Stick under the broiler for a minute or two until the marshmallows are toasted.
You may enjoy this chocolate, marshmallowy treat sandwiched between two pieces of hot fried scones or all piled up on top of one!
It really is like being in s’more blissfulness on a fried scone!
- 6 1.55 ounce chocolate bars
- 2-4 graham crackers, crushed
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Homemade Fry Bread recipe (also known as Scone recipe) below
- Fry scones with my recipe (link) down at the bottom.
- Lay chocolate bar pieces to melt on top of warm fried scones, sprinkle crushed graham crackers, and top with marshmallows. Set onto a baking sheet and put under the broiler in the oven for a minute or two until the marshmallows are toasted.
- Optional, you may set into microwave for a few seconds to melt the marshmallows.
- Makes 12-24. Depending on how big or small you make the fried scones.
- For step by step instructions and fried scone recipe, click on link below.