Two words: Lemon Cheesecake. Maybe one more…ever so CREAMY!
Cheesecake is one of my many weaknesses. But this treat wasn’t for me…it was for my husband, Justin. Yes, the whole thing was for him! And, he ate every last piece. Sorry, my neighbor friends (aka– “taste testers”)…I wasn’t allowed to even spare a slice for you.
This is THE cheesecake that Justin requests about every holiday that comes around. But, usually for Father’s Day and his birthday. This is THE one dessert he gets to devour all by himself. (But of course, I sneak a slice.)
So, for any Lemon Lover in your life, this Creamy Lemon Cheesecake would be the perfect treat.
If you have never baked a cheesecake from scratch: Do not be intimidated! This is simple to make. The hardest part is being patient enough to allow it to cool.
Make sure to have all of your ingredients out and ready to put together.
For (one of the best parts,) the crust: combine together the crushed graham cracker, softened butter (not melted), brown sugar and flour. Form into a spring form pan with a small cup to compact the crust evenly. Note: If you don’t have a spring form pan, this will make enough for 2 pie pan (9″ size). And, of course the time to cook them will be different. Because it is more shallow than using a spring form pan.
Cream together the cream cheese, sugar, lemon zest, flour, and baking soda. Add 3 eggs, separately. Slowly pour in the fresh lemon juice. Mix until all combined, while making sure to scrap down the sides.
Pour the lemon cheesecake mixture into the formed crust. TIP: Place on a baking sheet to prevent the spring form pan from leaking out any butter from the crust into the oven. Bake in a 350 degrees preheated oven (on the bottom shelf) for 25 minutes. Lightly cover the top with aluminum foil and bake for additional 55 minutes on 325 degrees.
Allow to cool at room temperature. Cover with a clear wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. (I will usually make this the night before serving.)
You will take one bite of this and be in total dreamland…Creamy Lemon Cheesecake Dreamland, that is!
Enjoy, my friends!
- 2¼ cups crushed graham crackers
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 12 tablespoons butter, softened (not melted)
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups of granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup fresh lemon juice (about 4-5 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, ½ cup flour, brown sugar, and butter in a mixing bowl. Mix until blended.
- Press into a spring form pan. (Tip: use a small drinking glass to run it along the edges of the pan.) Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and granulated sugar with a mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add eggs, separately and 3 tablespoons of flour; mix well.
- Blend in 2 tablespoons of lemon zest, lemon juice, and baking powder; pour into crust.
- Place on a baking sheet to prevent the spring form pan from leaking out any butter (from the crust) into the oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Then lightly cover the top with aluminum foil and bake for additional 55 minutes on 325 degrees.
- Allow to cool at room temperature. Then cover with a clear wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. (I will usually make this the night before serving.)
- Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!