Don’t you just love this time of year?
My favorite part about summer time, with food, that is… There’s grilling and lots of fresh fruits and vegetables in season!
So, I thought I’d combine the grilling part with some fresh romaine lettuce. Although, those who know me…know that I
despise don’t care for lettuce. I wish I’d go for the liking of something so pretty… but at least the rest of the family loves it!
Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad has summer time all over it!
Super easy to put this salad together.
Prepare the bite size chicken for the grill by marinating it with some Caesar dressing.
Grill the skewered chicken for about 7 minutes, or until done.
Meanwhile, prepare the romaine lettuce on a platter.
Lay the grilled chicken on the bed of romaine lettuce. (Unless you’re like me, you skip the lettuce and just dive right into the delicious grilled chicken.)
Sprinkle some Parmesan and drizzle your favorite Caesar salad dressing…and you have a fresh summer time salad!
Enjoy, my friends!
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 bunch of romaine lettuce
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup your favorite Caesar dressing, divided
- 4 short skewer sticks
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of dressing over chicken in a zipped baggie. Refrigerate 30 minutes to marinate.
- Heat grill to medium heat. Thread chicken onto 4 skewers. Grill for about 7 minutes or until done, turning occasionally.
- Arrange lettuce on a platter; drizzle with the remaining dressing. Top with chicken skewers and Parmesan.