That’s right, these babies are BAKED!
Crispy red potatoes coated with Parmesan. Soft and tender in the middle. These potatoes are a fast fix for a side dish. They only take a few minutes to prepare. Then pop into the oven and forget about them for about 30 minutes! If you’re a “sauce-y” kind of person, like I am…pair these up with your favorite sauce!
To start these easy Parmesan fries… First, scrub 6 medium size red potatoes. Leave the skins on, but trim the damaged areas. Preheat your oven to 400 to 425 degrees. Remember, every oven is different! Put it to the high temperature you feel most comfortable…without burning the potatoes– or smoking out your house! I’ve been there!
Cut the potatoes into wedges. Not too thick, but not too thin. No need to rinse the potatoes.
Put the cut potatoes into a large bowl with 1/4 cup of olive oil.
Put Parmesan, Thyme, and Italian seasoning into a small separate bowl.
Add the cheese and seasonings to the bowl with the potatoes and olive oil.
Stir all together until all the potatoes are coated. Also, cover the bowl with a plate or lid and toss. *Note: Instead of using a bowl, put all the ingredients in a large zip baggie. Close the bag and shake!
Spread onto a large baking sheet without crowding. These potatoes of total awesome-ness need room to bake! Pop into the preheated oven on the middle shelf.
Use parchment paper or aluminum foil (dull side up) to prevent sicking onto the pan. A baking stone works well, too.
Bake for 30 minutes. But depending upon your oven, add a few more minutes for the desired golden color.
Allow these potatoes of such delicious-ness cool for about 5 minutes after pulling out of oven.
You could have your favorite homemade ranch or some easy Fry Sauce to dip these in! For us Utahns, we make the simplest fry sauce: equal amounts of mayo and ketchup. *Tip– always stir the mayo first to get out any lumps. Then add the ketchup and stir.
Enjoy, my friends!
- 6 medium red potatoes, scrubbed, (leave skin on)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 to 425 degrees. (IF you know your oven won’t burn, do 425.)
- Cut potatoes into wedges.
- Put into a large bowl (or large baggie).
- Pour the olive oil, Parmesan and seasonings onto the potatoes.
- Stir (or shake in baggie) until all wedges are coated.
- Lay on covered baking sheet with aluminum foil (dull side up) or parchment paper.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve with a favorite dipping sauce.