How can you NOT resist anything with cookies and cream? I always try to take one little taste of these chocolate, creamy bars and I almost end up eating a few (more) bars than I had expected!
These bars are none the less, a little too easy to make. The only issue you might have is waiting until they cool down to start cutting into these delicious delights!
I will usually make these in the later part of the evening and set off to the far…far corner of the kitchen (to cool overnight). So then they are so ready to start cutting into squares the next day.
Start with a package of chocolate sandwich cream cookies (a.k.a oreos). Obviously, if these’s not a full package when you get it out of the cupboard,oops…no worries. 3/4 of a package will work just fine!
Crush the cookies (all but 5 of them…we’ll use those later). You can crush them either in a sealed plastic bag or in a food processor. Put the crumbs into a big enough bowl that you’ll have room to stir. If you’ve ever had to clean up spilled black crumbs before…then you know it’s not fun!
Melt 6 tablespoons of butter and mix in with the cookie crumbs until it is all combined.
Put the crumb and butter mixture into a lined 7×11 inch baking dish. (So, if you put it in a 9×11 pan -which is more common, you’ll just have a thinner bar.) I like to line it with parchment paper–do not get mixed up with wax paper. You could use aluminum foil, just make sure you spray it to prevent sticking.
Pat it with the back of your spoon and bake in a preheated oven of 350 degrees for 6 minutes.
Take it out of the oven after the 6 minutes and immediately put the pieces of a (6.8 oz) large Symphony Hershey’s candy bar on top of the crust. Pour a can of sweetened condensed milk onto the chocolate pieces.
Sprinkle a 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of white chips on top.
Break into pieces those 5 cookies that were so hard to resist. Gently push the broken cookies into the sweetened condensed milk and chips. Put back into the oven for 28 minutes.
Make sure to let it cool completely for it to continue setting up. Now, after it’s all cooled down…just simply lift it out of the pan and start cutting into squares. I usually will start cutting a line directly in the middle and work it towards the right then the left. And so on. Then you’ll have equal pieces of however big you want!
- 1 package chocolate sandwich cream cookies, seperated
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large Symphony Hershey’s candy bar
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crush ¾ of the cookies package. Put into a large bowl. (Leave 5 cookies to break by hand.)
- Melt 6 tablespoons of butter. Add melted butter to the cookies crumbs and stir.
- Put into a prepared 7″x11″ baking dish (with aluminum foil or parchment paper).
- Pat the crumb mixture equally around the bottom of the dish. Bake in oven for 6 minutes.
- Lay the cut up pieces of the candy bar upon the partly baked crust. Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk all over the candy bar pieces. Follow by adding the white and chocolate chips across the top. Finally, add the last five cookies by breaking into pieces onto the top of bars.
- Bake for 28 minutes. Cool completely. Lift the bars out of the baking dish by grabbing the edges of the paper or foil. Divide and cut into pieces.