Pan seared chicken and tender fluffy rice infused with delightful chunky salsa. Skillet Chicken Mexican Rice is a one-pot meal you’ll fall in love with!
One-pot, dish, and skillet meals are the best… for many reasons.
Tossing all of the ingredients into a single skillet, definitely calls for a no-fuss dinner.
The husband only has one pan to wash!
And, the whole family thinks you spent hours throwing everything together to make it a total comfort meal.
Skillet Chicken Mexican Rice is one of those dishes that surely pleases the hungry crowd!
It’s amazingly easy to put together all in one skillet.
With everything going into one skillet, there’s only a few steps to take.
Sear the seasoned chicken pieces in the hot skillet for just a few minutes.
The chicken will finish cooking with the rest of the ingredients. By doing it this way, it helps seal in all the juices for moist chicken (in every bite!) and it just gives the chicken a head start.
Combine the long grain rice, salsa and chicken broth. Pop the lid on and let it do it’s thing.
By adding your favorite salsa, you cut out a lot of prep work for this dish. The salsa already has the chopped tomatoes, onions and jalapenos.
Sprinkle the cilantro with love…
- 1 pound uncooked boneless chicken breasts, cut into large bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (or any kind of oil for cooking)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup long grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 1/4 cup (your favorite) salsa
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 lime
- In a heated skillet over medium high heat, put in oil and cut chicken. Sprinkle the chicken with chili powder, cumin and garlic powder. Stir and sear the seasoned chicken for about 4 minutes.
- Add rice, salsa and chicken broth to the skillet WITH chicken. Stir until combined and cover with lid. Turn down heat to LOW for 30-35 minutes.
- Sprinkle minced cilantro and fresh lime juice when ready to serve.
- Immediately store leftovers in refrigerator in a closed container.
Here are a few more quick and easy skillet ideas…
I’m sharing this Skillet Chicken Mexican Rice with these link parties… come join me!