This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Lasagna Roll Ups are everything you’d find in a traditional lasagna dish. Except the filling and sauce is all rolled up with each individual lasagna pasta. Everything stays tucked in!
These are not your usual lasagna roll ups. Each pasta is filled with an abundance of cheeses, shredded chicken, crispy bacon sauteed with onion and garlic… and finally, topped with Parmesan Cream Sauce!
It just seems as though chicken and bacon were very much made for each other!
So, let me show you how to make these pillow-y delights! Super easy!
Start by frying 1 pound of chopped bacon. Then add the diced onions and garlic.
Saute for about 2-3 minutes more. Just to soften the onions and garlic. The aroma is amazing! Then, drain onto a plate with paper towels.
Shred 2 cups of already cooked chicken breasts. (Or use rotisserie chicken.) Set aside with the bacon.
Add 8 lasagna pasta pieces to a large pot of boiling water. Cook 2 minutes less than what the instructions on the box say. Because, it will finish cooking in the oven.
After you drain them, lay them on paper towels to get all the excess water off.
While the pasta is “draining”… start putting together the filling.
In a medium size bowl, stir together the ricotta cheese, cream cheese, sour cream and parmesan. Stir in salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder.
Now it is time to start assembling the roll ups.
Divide the cheese filling evenly onto each pasta.
Lay the shredded chicken across. Then sprinkle on the bacon, onion and garlic.
Sprinkle some grated Parmesan and start rolling up!
Have a medium size baking dish ready beside your pasta.
Spread some Parmesan Cream Sauce on the bottom of a baking dish. By doing this, it gives the pasta enough to just “sit” on and absorb from the bottom (and not just from the top). Also, prevents the pasta from sticking or burning on the bottom.
Put the lasagna roll ups with the seam side facing down towards the pan.
Add the rest of the cream sauce onto the top of the roll ups.
Sprinkle with some mozzarella and Parmesan and a few more pieces of bacon.
Bake in a preheated 350 degrees oven for 25 to 35 minutes, uncovered. Allow this dish to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
If you like chicken and pasta, try this easy one pot meal…
and another easy and delicious Lasagna Roll Up recipe…
- 8 lasagna pasta, cooked and drained.
- 1 pound bacon, diced, cooked and drained
- 1 small red or yellow onion
- 6 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 cups of Parmesan Cream Sauce (link within the post)
- ½ cup mozzarella (to sprinkle on top)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan (to sprinkle on top)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 6 oz. cream cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add 8 pieces of lasagna pasta to a large pot of boiling water.
- Cook pasta 2 minutes less than the directions on the package. It will finish cooking in the oven.
- Drain pasta in strainer and lay pasta onto paper towels to dry off excess water.
- Shred chicken breasts. Set aside.
- Cut and fry bacon.
- Add diced onions and crushed garlic 3 minutes prior to baking being finished.
- Drain bacon mixture onto a plate with paper towels. (It will catch the excess fat.)
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, Parmesan and seasonings.
- Divide and spread the filling onto the cooked pasta evenly.
- Add the shredded chicken onto each pasta.
- Sprinkle the bacon mixture on top of the chicken and cheese mixture. (Save some for the top after you roll up the pasta.)
- Sprinkle some Parmesan on top of the bacon and chicken.
- Spread ½ cup of Parmesan Cream Sauce on the bottom of a medium baking dish.
- Roll the pasta and put seam side facing down into the sauce that is in the baking dish.
- Cover the roll ups with the rest of the cream sauce.
- Top with pieces of bacon.
- Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 25 to 35 minutes.
- Let it rest after taken out of oven for 5 to 10 minutes.
And of course, you’ll need some bread to dive into any sauce that you may have left on your plate!