I don’t know about you, but buffalo sauce is a favorite in our home. Also known as wing sauce.
My Gatlon showed a lot of excitement when our friend brought over a huge Costco size of buffalo sauce. I mean, what teenager wouldn’t be excited about some wing sauce? So, I think we have plenty to go around! (If he’ll let me share!)
As you know by now in the world of blogging, there are so many mouth watering dishes that are created with buffalo sauce. It’s not just for the wings anymore…. we love to put it on almost everything! Well, almost everything… like, Naughty Fries or Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins.
Since we’re on the subject of buffalo sauce, how about some Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Roll Up!
These are individual servings of lasagna pasta filled with chicken, buffalo sauce, cheese, more cheese, and topped with a creamy white sauce. Doesn’t that sound delish?
Wrapping these all up is actually very simple. If you already have some left over shredded chicken, it makes for a fast meal to put together.
Cooking Chicken Breasts Tip: You can easily put 2 boneless chicken breasts in a pot of water. (No need to rinse the chicken.) Cover with lid and bring to a boil. Once it has come to a boil, set off to the side and leave the lid on. Allow it to finish cooking for another 20 minutes– with the lid on and off the heat. Then, take out the chicken and shred with two forks.
For the white cream sauce— heat a large sauce pan to medium heat (I used my skillet), add the butter, cream cheese, and heavy whipping cream. (You could substitute with whole or regular milk for the cream, it just won’t be as creamy.) Whisk it all together while it is heating up. Sprinkle in some garlic and onion powder. Along with some salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside once it has thickened.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded chicken, cream cheese, mozzarella, and buffalo sauce. Stir and set aside while you are getting your cooked lasagna pasta ready. Only boil the pasta for about 4-5 minutes. The pasta will finish cooking in the oven. Drain and set on paper towels to get excess water off.
Tip: To save more time, you may start to cook the pasta while you are starting the white cream sauce.
Put a spoonful of the white cream sauce on each pasta. Next, spread the chicken and buffalo sauce mixture evenly on top of the sauce. Sprinkle with some mozzarella. And, roll up!
Have a baking dish off to the side with some white cream sauce on the bottom. Set each lasagna roll up onto the sauce.
Once you have all the roll ups all snug in the baking dish, pour the remaining white cream sauce on the tops. Sprinkle on more mozzarella and drizzle some extra buffalo sauce.
Bake for about 25-30 minutes. Then, allow it to rest and cool for about 10 minutes after pulling it out of the oven.
Enjoy some mouth watering Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Roll Ups, my friends!
If buffalo sauce is too spicy for you, try Chicken and Bacon Lasagna Roll Ups instead!
- 6 lasagna pasta, cooked and drained.
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup buffalo sauce, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- Add 6 pieces of lasagna pasta to a large pot of boiling water.
- Cook pasta for 4-5 minutes. It will finish cooking in the oven.
- Drain pasta in strainer and lay pasta onto paper towels to dry off excess water.
- For the white cream sauce– heat a large sauce pan to medium heat, add the butter, 4 ounces of the cream cheese, and heavy whipping cream. Whisk it all together while it is heating up. Sprinkle in some garlic and onion powder. Along with some salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside once it has thickened.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded chicken, the other 4 ounces of cream cheese, mozzarella, and buffalo sauce. Stir and set aside.
- Put a spoonful of the white cream sauce on each pasta. Next, spread the chicken and buffalo sauce mixture evenly on top of the sauce. Sprinkle with some mozzarella. And, roll up!
- Have a baking dish off to the side with some white cream sauce on the bottom. Set each lasagna roll up onto the sauce.
- Pour the remaining white cream sauce on the lasagna roll ups. Sprinkle on more mozzarella and drizzle some extra buffalo sauce.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes in a preheated oven of 350 degrees. Then allow it to rest and cool for about 10 minutes after pulling it out of the oven.
- Cooking Chicken Breasts Tip: You can easily put 2 boneless chicken breasts in a pot of water. (No need to rinse the chicken.) Cover with lid and bring to a boil. Once it has come to a boil, set off to the side and leave the lid on. Allow it to finish cooking for another 20 minutes-- with the lid on and off the heat. Then, take out the chicken and shred with two forks.
- This dish may be prepared ahead of time and put into the refrigerator. When doing this, increase your oven time to 40 to 45 minutes to get warm all the way through.
- This recipe makes 6 Lasagna Roll Ups.
Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet says
Sounds like my teenager! He loves his sauce! This looks out of this world good!
Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet recently posted…Roasted Banana Plum Muffins
Yum! I love your pictures esp the label ingredients! This looks really tasty!
Paula recently posted…PMc’s Famous Chocolate Martini
Anne ~ Uni Homemaker says
Wow, that looks so amazing Gloria! I love the idea of using wing sauce in lasagna roll-ups. Very clever and creative! Delicious and pinning! 🙂 Enjoy your long weekend! xo
Anne ~ Uni Homemaker recently posted…Chicken Fried Rice
Andi @ The Weary Chef says
This recipe is genius, Gloria! If I haven’t told you once or twice before, I love your photo with all the ingredients and their names. So cute! I pinned this one (a couple times).
Andi @ The Weary Chef recently posted…Fun and Easy Fish Stick Burritos
Krista @ joyfulhealthyeats says
OMG!! Really, this looks heavenly! We love us some spicy food over here, and Mike loves buffalo sauce. So, I’m thinking this will be on the menu soon. Love how much easier these are compared to regular lasagna! 🙂 Pinning!
Krista @ joyfulhealthyeats recently posted…The Basics: How to make Candied Pecans
Looks delicious! How much cream cheese goes into the sauce and how much is mixed with the chicken? I’d love to make this tomorrow for dinner!
Jessie, I am so sorry I didn’t get back with you yesterday, I was out all day. I revised the recipe and put 1/2 of the cream cheese goes into the sauce and the other half goes into the chicken mixture. Thank for stopping by to ask your question. I hope you can still make this for dinner soon! (=
Thank you!! I can’t wait to try it!
You read my mind! Been craving anything buffalo. Today is a rainy blah day and as thinking lasagna, now I can have both!!!!! This is on the menu tonight, thanks for sharing!!
Sharon recently posted…CSA Living- Quick Pickled Cucumbers
you never mentioned what temp to put it in the oven at.
Thank you, Anakalia! I just updated and corrected the recipe. Hope you’re having a great weekend!
Gloria recently posted…Roasted Garlic Spaghetti Sauce
Julie @ This Gal Cooks says
What the what? How did I miss these? I am looking in my email and I saw this post. LOL. I see it’s from August! But I am glad I saw it because damn, these look good, Gloria! Pinned!
Julie @ This Gal Cooks recently posted…Spiked Recipe Challenge: Chocolate Liquor
Julie, is it sad that I forgot about these, too?! I used to make them all the time for my boys during their lunch break during school… but now the teenager wants to hang with his friends during lunch. Oh well. (=
How much mozzarella cheese?
Jo, I updated the recipe. Thank you for contacting me! =)
Gloria recently posted…French Dip Shredded Beef Sliders
I made this last night and added a little bit of ranch dressing powder to the sauce. It was delicious!! My husband asked for it to be in our normal rotation 🙂
Khani, that actually sounds really delicious with the ranch dressing powder! Definitely going to have to make it like that next time. Thanks for stopping by and sharing! 🙂
Brenna Keenan says
I’ve tried out this recipe recently! It was delicious!! I made a few minor changes to it and will definitely be trying it out again! Check out my experience with the recipe! I simply love your blog and cannot wait to try out even more recipes by you!
Brenna Keenan recently posted…A Fatty At Heart
Brenna, I absolutely love your post on this recipe! Thank you so much for sharing. I’m so happy you loved this recipe. It surely is a favorite in my home. Lots of love! 🙂
Found this on interest. I melted some crumbled bleu cheese into the sauce. This recipe is soooooo a keeper. Thanks!
Oh nice! Great idea with the bleu cheese action in the sauce! So happy you stopped by to share your experience– you made my whole day!
For the buffalo chicken lasagna roll ups can I double it. The assemble and freeze without further baking. Then take from freezer early on day and bake it from there.
Yes! You can definitely assemble and then wrap each one individually to freeze for up to 8 weeks. In fact, I do this whenever I put these together. (Easier for my boys to devour for those after school hungry moments!) Thanks so much for stopping by! 🙂