Creamy peanut butter intertwining with oats, blanketed with melted chocolate and cut into bite size squares! You’ll love how easy and scrumptious these No Bake Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars are!
As I’m wondering around in my kitchen, trying to get inspiration from ingredients in every cupboard, I come across the large jar of peanut butter.
Does that really surprise you? Because, if you’ve been hanging out over here, you’d know that peanut butter is my fave!
My first go-to search area in the kitchen, is usually my baking pantry. That’s where I head when I’ve got a snacking situation going on. Wouldn’t you? I keep a wide variety of chocolate chips, marshmallows, and candy… to bake with, of course. Or, are you the type to head straight to the refrigerator?
So, back to the jar of peanut butter…. it happens to be right next to the oatmeal. Which is then, across from the pantry of chocolate chips! See where I’m going with this? The makings of a no-bake creation… in a bar form! Then you can cut out whatever size or shape you want. Isn’t that perfect?!
This is usually my go-to recipe on a Wednesday night. Why, you ask?
One, these bars are fast to put together and I am not a night time baker.
And two, they’re for my milkman– which arrives with my dairy in the wee hours the next morning. The poor dude drives in mad snow storms, icy canyon roads, and passes deer ready to jump out in front of him! The least I could do is leave him a little thank you treat out on the porch.
Making these are a breeze.
But, to be honest, waiting for them to set up is really hard to resist! If you are the impatient type, like me, you could scoop the oatmeal and peanut butter mixture onto a flat surface for individual cookies.
If you’re a peanut butter lover, you will also love these easy recipes:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk (I use whole milk.)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup creamy (or crunchy) peanut butter
- 3 3/4 cup old fashioned oats/oatmeal
- 1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan on medium heat, .
- Once the butter has melted, add the sugar, milk, vanilla, and peanut butter. Whisk until combined.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high heat and bring the mixture to a boil for 4 minutes, while continuing to whisk.
- Take the sauce pan off the heat and add the oats. Stir until all combined.
- Spread the mixture evenly in a lined 9 inch by 9 inch baking dish. (No need to use non stick spray.)
- Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips on top of the oats mixture. The heat will start to heat up the chocolate chips to melt them. Within about 5 minutes, the chocolate will be ready to spread across with the back of a spoon.
- Allow to completely cool before cutting into squares.
- Set in a 9 inch by 9 inch dish. Cut into 12 pieces or 24 small pieces. For an alternative, you may scoop the oatmeal and peanut butter mixture onto a flat surface for individual no-bake cookies.